Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: grand sport flares

VIN_#_00521__Z-51_C4

Corvette
1984 C4 DOB 01/13/1983
Is there anyone here that wants those Grand Sport flares for their C4 but Can not find them anywhere------I found them

if you were searching for them

Who wants them???

Corvette Central has them.

Where did you find them?

Corvette Central has them. Where did you find them?

No, CorvetteCentral.com Does not have them.....!
Theres a ebay store.....Its called Corvetteswest
Email him about these flares

He told me this when i asked about them...

We do have a few sets available. To install it, you just do a dry fit run,
make sure your sanding and finish work is just right for fitment,
then you prep it for paint and install it. As the ad says,
you can use double sided tape, or fiberglass epoxy to
adhere these to your Corvette.

The bodywork is fairly simple. We grind these for you,
so you don't have to do that. You just need to sand it -
high seal primer it then paint.
Just like any other fiberglass part.

The flares come ready for primer and paint
sell them for about $250 a set

(Both left and right side)

they even have a notch-back hatch kit

I looked at CorvetteCentral.com and they only have the LEFT SIDE

( What good is this if they DON'T have the right side
( and they DO NOT HAVE IT..)
1984-1996 REAR FENDER FLARE - LEFT GRAND SPORT
REAR FLARES
144444L 225.60 EACH

1984-1996 REAR FENDER FLARE - RIGHT GRAND SPORT
REAR FLARES*DISCONTINUED*

144444R 0.00 EACH

Bought mine from the Chevy dealer last year new in the package for $145.00 each with the factory screws. Aftermarkets I'm told use double face tape and are prone coming loose.

tcxd40

Bought mine from the Chevy dealer last year new in the package for $145.00 each with the factory screws. Aftermarkets I'm told use double face tape and are prone coming loose.

tcxd40
what are the part numbers for these flares do the screw on to the rear quarters..?

what are the part numbers for these flares do the screw on to the rear quarters..?
I believe you have to be very lucky to find a dealer that actually has them in stock. Chevy quit making them years ago.

I believe you have to be very lucky to find a dealer that actually has them in stock. Chevy quit making them years ago.

what dealer did you get them at phone # and part number I can get a set from a ebay member not sure what the difference between them is?
they are making them from the original mold that the OEM maker had as I was told

should i just get those of i can't find the real OEM flares?? whats your Advice

GM stopped production but that does not mean you can't order them.

I order the flares and a set of 1993 17x11 rear ZR1 wheels the same day, picked them up two days later.

tcxd40

I order the flares and a set of 1993 17x11 rear ZR1 wheels the same day, picked them up two days later.

tcxd40

already have 17x11's out back WITH 315s HAHA part numbers for flares..?

Here are the part numbers from my data base for my car. Actual price was $141.10 and $147.80 and $1.32 for the screws. Your pricing may not be the same as I buy alot from the dealer. If your dealer is willing to work with you they just need to jump on the locator and see what's available. I have gotten many parts for both my '81 and '93 with great success from the dealer. there have been times when parts were not available.

The flares are screwed in from the under side of the wheel well opening. This is rather difficult as you need to do some really good measuring to make sure you do not make a mistake and drill through where you should not. Best advice is if you do get them make a template of the the holes and then transfer those locations to the quater panel.

Not sure which# is Drivers or pass side.
#88891153 Molding K 12.116
#88891154 Molding K 12.116
#11508256 Screw 8.977

tcxd40

Well I'll be darned. From everything that I'd heard factory flares were about as rare as dodo eggs. I guess you can't believe everything you see on the internet. :bash

Zum,

You maybe correct they could be rare, with some part numbers and a dealer that is willing to go the extra mile for you alot can be found.

Like the ZR1 wheels, I asked about them he got them as a matter of fact he had the right side in stock! When eveything came in I picked it up.

tcdx40

They are IN FACT out of production and out of stock. My dealer just looked for me and there are like two lefts in Decatur Ill and no rights in any dealer anywhere in the country. I just purchased a used set of originals on ebay two days ago. I saw the set from corvette west in Oregon. When I inquired to them I was told they were the same as original because the mold was made from an original. I emailed everyone I could find that he sold a set to and found they are just hollow shells of the front without the tape or screw mounting surfaces or the original. His body shop would paint, but would not attempt to install them because it was too risky for them. I have pictures of the rear surfaces of those now and they dont look like something the average guy would enjoy attempting. They do look nice on his car but he would up siliconing them in place and jury rigging some 2 sided tape best he could to get an acceptable fit. Before you buy anyones aftermarket, ask about the back sides and get a description or pictures so you know what your getting.
Geoff

I tell yah what. I am an artist. I will do a sketch, and post it.
I dont a flare taht wide will look as appealing as the older Vettes.
However, I will sketch it out. and post it here.:)

quick 3 minute pen sketch of bigger flares on C4

Well, I did a quick 3 minute sketch done w/ a Bic pen (unclean)
The sketch is a bit messy due to inability to erase and also lack of time put into sketch. however, the idea is not pretty artwork, but it is to visualize how the C4 would look w/ fat fender flares.

The c4 ONLY looks good with the factory Grand Sport quarter panel flare.
The big fat flares are not appealing on c4's as opposed to the c3's.
partially it is due to the shape of the fenders and quarters.

My Photos Photo Gallery - Photo 209 of 209 by NY - MySpace Photos

Extraordinary C4 1994? Help!

:duh Hi America,

I am a confused Corvette owner from Sweden trying to understand why my -94 C4 has all these strange features!
Hopefully someone in this forum is able to help me out here!?? Visited US last year and the local GM dealers in
Chicago were unable to help he! I imported my car from Luxemburg 2000 to Sweden.

1. The car has the -96 GS flare extensions in the rear and in the front extensions on the hood as well.
But that's not all; the front fender where the battery is located has an molded extension as well, in other words the fender and the flare extension are in one piece.
These parts have GM Corvette part nr applied. According to the RPO Options the car was build in US for European market.

2. The rear bumper has mold in fender flare extensions as well and the number plate reverse light is relocated into the middle of the tail lights
and share the space with right and left turn signal lights (white/yellow/amber). These lights are not the same as the ZR1 one's! The center brake light is bigger than normal,
and wider that than normal. The car has also the European option red reflexes on each side of the lower bumper part.
The car has also as an extra funny option; a place mount a tow hook underneath the number plate!

3. The front position lights are also special and the side indicators are just dummies and therefore not functional, not even chromed or drilled.

So, guys have you ever heart of such a mixture before? An if so, how many of these were built in that case?

What does the option code R7K (Control sales item 36 Special option processing) mean?

Grateful for all input!

Regards Corvette Sweden (member number 700 in the Swedish Corvette Club, celebrated last year 10 year anniversary as a proud member)

Take a look at pictures in my album!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom