Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Replica

extremely helpful...thanx for rapid response

if u can determine wall thickness it would be of great interest. i will probably just go with sch 40 a53 pipe cause its cheap and apparently overkill=safe

Jim
Good to see you now have a good midyear vette.
Will see you at some of the shows around Ohio.
Lake Shore Corvettes will be doing the Vettemilion show in Vermilion.
The date is June 24 (I think) will find out and let you know.
Smitty
a.k.a. vettsmith

PS take a look at my new web site www.echosierraent.com
Thanks
Smitty

Speedmaster4

sch 40 is way to havey, you need to use 43 30 aircraft tubing, light and strong.

Smitty

vette said:
I'm building my 3rd one now. Call Jeff Leach At Mid America in Milan Ill. But Jeffs way is the best. If you need more info email me. Brian G.
Is that Krazy Cat Still alive?? Damn I haven't seen Jeff for over 25 + yr.s!!!!! Jeff's Way was alway's the Best Way!!! And TRICK!! I installed allot of Mid Year and Shark door to door Front's from Collision Damage in my younger day's that I bought from Jeff!! He was in a little shop not far from the river in Silves lay'n that stuff up by hand!! {That was about the time I was say'n, "When I have to buy metric Tool's I'm Retiring"!!}:rotfl I think it was Ralph Eckler's orig. shop if I remember right!! Hell I've slept since then,and had Hair and Teeth!! The Junk learned allot about Fiberglass and Corvettes from Jeff Leach. If ya see'um Tell'm Fuzzy from Gailesburg SEZZ HI !!! :upthumbs junk!!

Tubing wall thickness

The frame tubing wall thickness is 1/8" and all other parts are 1/8" steel plate. See photo attached.

Smitty
a.k.a.vettsmith
View attachment 9083

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom