Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand sport?

junkyardjohn

Corvette
2010 grand sport covert. blue
Any body know for sure the first year that the CORVETTE GRAND SPORT was? I thought it was 2010.:rotfl

For the most recent rendition of the GS, 2010 would be the first year. We took delivery of our's in August 2010.

:thumb

Really

That would be 1963. Then in 1996, then again in 2010.

Really? The 1963's Corvette was in Grand Sport racing but was never a model of Corvette. As far as I know there was only the Sting Ray.

Back in the early 60s there was no series called "Grand Sport Racing".

There were five Corvette Grand Sports built by Chevrolet factory race cars. They where a specific model of Corvette.

The original intent was to build 125 of the cars. Some of them would be Chevrolet-backed race cars. The rest would be sold to racers and consumers. The program was killed by GM upper management because of the politically correct "racing ban" of that period.

REALLY Again.

Back in the early 60s there was no series called "Grand Sport Racing".

There were five Corvette Grand Sports built by Chevrolet factory race cars. They where a specific model of Corvette.

The original intent was to build 125 of the cars. Some of them would be Chevrolet-backed race cars. The rest would be sold to racers and consumers. The program was killed by GM upper management because of the politically correct "racing ban" of that period.

Google will tell all on the subject of Grand Sport racing and Grand Sport rally on the 1963 Corvettes.

I think is Hib is right. It was a specific model of Corvette. Looked like (basically) the rest of the StingRays, but was scaled down, tube frames, exotic engines (planned, but never carried out).

Corvette Grand Sport

I hate to say it, but just because someone wrote something on the internet, doesn't necessarily make it fact. Please post your information so we can see what you are reading, maybe we can learn something new.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom