Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

great way to start vacation

J

jerrys96lt4

On my way home for lunch today. Its about 3 miles round trip while setting at a stop sign. ON my street a cool cat driving a 76 plymouth ass-pern sings way wide in his left hander and POW. My freshly waxed-ready for vacation-hotrod gets creamed -$4600.11 later thanks very much.

Jerry
I'm speechless... ouch :cry

BudD
:w

Oh my how awful Did he have insurance? Look at it this way as long as no one was hurt the car can be fixed 100% at a GOOD body shop. Think positive!! remember all the nasty littlerock chips and maybe scratches and road wear?? Now all will be gone and new looking again :) Make there insurance Co. pay for a rental car for your vacation.

Sorry about that guy. Look at the bright side, I hope he had insurance. Looks like he took a Connecticut Left. Those lefts are the ones that we take so that we do not have to step on the brake.

Yep he has insurance. They said they would put me in a" LIKE" transportation. Maybe a C5 coupe.

Sorry for the ruined vacation.

What they ment by LIKE was what they would like you to drive.Insurance companys suck but we have to have them. Sorry for You and the Vette send a picture when its good as new.

What the hell was he doing swing so wide? Did he think he had a truck and trailer or something? What an A-hole!! :mad

_ken

Thanks everybody. Ken I think he was changing the station on his kraco

LOL On ym break in they gave me a 10 Passenger Van (All that was available) then they gave me a KIA RIO! Omg you'd think I was mad but WOW is that little car fun to bomb around in!

Sorry about your car bud but it looks like its Body only repair (Good News!)

Damn bud

So very sorry for your loss. As other here have said, it can be replaced...but I know that doesn't help right here, right now. We figure that any problem that we can throw money at and it goes away isn't a real problem. Have fun on your vacation anyway.
--Drew:w

hmm

i dnt' think cars ever drive the same again, after u reck them,,,

thats realy sad,,

that almost happend ot me

the guy swang around, i shove in R and went bacwars like 50mph

but i have really fast reflex's
ive taking my car around a curve going 140 and i spun out on the curve
cause i steped on the brake just a little bit cuase i was running out of road.

and my back end went all the way to the left then the right then the left then the right and i kept it on my side of the road. talk about a good driver, thats the day i learn that i have amazing driving skills

Oh Heck, Its not a bent frame or anything just a lot of broken plastic. It will look and drive just fine when repaired. Enjoy your VACATION!

Man!

sorry to hear that atleast he stayed put.....someone hit mine in a parking lot and tore the paint up on the right front clip....only about 400 bucks total in damage but enough to make someone mad :mad i know how you feel but i never seen'em do it.

Always sorry to hear one of the family is damaged Jerry. I'm sure she'll be good as new in no time. Enjoy the vacation. :cool

Carlo

Corvette comparable rentals stink!

Sorry to hear about the hit... My LT4 CE is in the shop right now after some idiot rear ended me (it has been there for a week, and I won't get it back probably for another week).... The bad news about having a corvette in the shop is the Corvette is a 'compact car' in the rental car world... At least it doesn't look too bad... My guess is you will get your car fixed before I get mine fixed... the Chevy dealer here is slower than you could ever imagine.

Bob sorry about your CE. Well My "like" transportation is a 02 sebring ragtop (not to impressive) where off on vacation saturday am. THe new total is $5900.00 all the parts are in Charlotte they said maybe 2 weeks. thanks everybody
jerry

Be happy. Our last "like" rental for a Subaru Legacy GT sedan was a Ford Focus sedan or a Buick Century. Gah.

I did force my former Subaru dealer once to get us a Chevy Blazer as like rental when my Outback was in the shop. They wanted to give us soemthing like a Neon for a family of four taking a 4-day trip. Not... and it was the dealer's incompetency that had my car in there in the first place. True story - they kept it from before Memorial Day until after Labor Day, minus one week in July when I had it long enough to realize they'd fixed zippo. And it *still* doesn't run right.
[RICHR]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom