Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

great :(

90 Corvette ZR-1

Corvette
90 Red ZR-1
I had the rad replaced in my Z about 1200 miles ago. No biggie I kept the stock one. I get home from work yesterday (didn't take the Z) open the garage door and walk inside. what do I see but a small lake of coolent. Great where is this comming from. check both tanks, FULL! WTF? back it out set up the ramps, pull it up on the ramps, ok harp plastic, frame, fans? WTF. Seems like this is dripping off the cooling fans, this isn't right. Well, now the car is at Tom Henry chevy waiting to get worked on.

This is yet another reason I love having a ZR-1 owner/enthuists as a frined/dealer. It was about 7:30-8:00 when I called the dealer. Explaned the situation. They told me to bring the car down and they would OPEN THE SERVICE BAY SO I COULD KEEP MY CAR INSIDE! Why can't all places have service like that?

Lucky you! When I lived in Orlando, Fl. Corvette Masters provided kind of service you are talking about. Now that I live in Nothern Virginia (Wash., DC), trying to get my car serviced by a mechanic who actually appreciate and know how to service LT-5 is next to impossible.

this really was a blessing when I moved in I had no idea that I was getting a ZR-1 and that the local delaer had a LT5 Mechanic on staff.

vettaholic said:
Lucky you! When I lived in Orlando, Fl. Corvette Masters provided kind of service you are talking about. Now that I live in Nothern Virginia (Wash., DC), trying to get my car serviced by a mechanic who actually appreciate and know how to service LT-5 is next to impossible.

Pohanka Chevrolet in Chantilly has a ZR-1 certified mechanic who has serviced my ZR-1 before. I highly recommend them. He does very good work.

Also, Tony's Corvette Shop in Gaithersburg has a ZR-1 certified mechanic who is also a ZR-1 owner. They have a stellar reputation, however, it's hard to get your car in to them because they are so popular, they usually have a back log.

Thanks Rob. By the way, I replced the knock sensor and have been using Sunoco 94. These two actions pretty much eliminated knocking problem. However, I still have not been able to solve hesitation.

Contact Joe Malo at Pohanka in Chantilly. he is the best.

tell em ron sent you. he knows ZR1s and will treat the car like it's his. you will not be disappointed!!!

Joe does fantastic work. contact me at

Ron_Kreigh@hotmail.com

for advice on getting your car going, sounds like it may have a pinhole leak in the radiator core. I have a spare stock radiator (CLEAN!!!< $125) and some spare LT5 rad hoses if you need em.

just let me know.

Ron:

Thanks for the offer. My car is sitting @ Tom Henry Chevy right now waiting for a new rad from GM. Im also having them chase a electral problem I have (bat keeps goin dead after 4 days of not drving it) and a SYS code that just showed up.

I'll get back to ya on the rad. I am assuming that this is a stock ZR-1 rad?

My radiator sprang a leak when I replaced stock themostat w/ 175 deg. after market due to the fact that the replacement did not have by-pass valve ( STAY W/ STOCK THERMO!!!). If you look up at the radiator from below, either w/ car on the jack stand or lift, you can see plastic sides of the radiator which are the weak spot. Front, you have to remove the fan shroud. If you can see the actual leakage, let it cool then clean the area w/ acetone then use 2-part epoxy based adhesive sold at the trak auto. You can identify this particular adhesive because one of the seringe is filled w/ beige opaque liquid and the package claims to hold up to 3500 psi. My rad had 2 pin holes and was leaking at the seam between the plasic resevoir and aluminum rad at 2 places. After 3 packages of this stuff, its been holding for 8 months. You might replace the radiator then repair the old one for spare.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom