Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Guage cluster rebuild prices

Corvette
1968 silver coupe ,1954 packard
I just got back a guage cluster for a 63 .This is the fourth set Ive had done by the same guy this year and have been very happy with his work but I just found this place at CACs shop portal section.They Charge $100 less than the guy Ive been using.Has anyone else had their guage cluster rebuilt recently?Is this price too high or about right. http://www.corvetteinstruments.com/

Several people I know have had some turnaround time problems/delays in the last six months with Corvette Instruments; I prefer Corvette Specialties of Maryland - they may cost a bit more, but their work is impeccable (including the back side, not just the front).
:beer

Get what you pay for on these...pay less you get fewer new parts...Would be a bad thing to take that unit out spend several hundreds of dollars to get it restored and someone not change everything ..just for you to have to pull it back out and let them warranty the work.Several out there but very few are the best.
I do this for a living and would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Jason
VetteInstruments@aol.com

Glad to know Im speaking to someone with some knowledge in this area.Whats your going rate,just for ****s and giggles?Did I pay too much?Like I say Ive always been happy with this gentlemans work but I always hate it when I see it cheaper elsewhere.

Corvette Specialties of MD, Inc. have just completed a complete rebuild of mine, including replacing the Tach with the correct one for the L-76. They did an excellent job, best I have seen. I am very impressed with the craftsmanship and the customer service I have received. They are the best vendor I have worked with so far during my restoration of my 63. Highest praise for these guys.

I learned a long time ago, you get what you pay for....Don't know to much about CAC, but I am very happy with Corvette Specialties.:) :) :)

Corvette specialties did my cluster, console and clock (quartz) for $1000 It was a little more than I expected but the quality is flawless!!

PaintDaddy,
If you are happy with the job why change. Those are the most competitive prices that I've seen. How long was the turnaround?

I'm looking for a 63 temp and oil pressure if anyone has one.

Hey moon,I guess your right,I just hate to see better prices after the purchase or service is complete.If only everybody had the 30 day price guarantee.If you need some guages ,I can give you the # of the guy I use.He has a warehouse full of guages and corvette parts,but mostly guages.

Oh I thought you were using the lower priced (corvetteinstruments) vendor that you posted. CI's prices seemed very reasonable.

I'd appreciate the guy's number. I need to have the gauges that I have collected rebuilt before installing them.

Thanks

I agree,I think I may have paid too much but then again I dont know the specifics of each companys work invloved.

The gentlemans name is Milton Hood@770-591-8248,Company name is B&M clock and guage.There is also another #770-928-3504

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom