Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Guldstrand"s Track day at Willow Springs!!

So Bay Vetter

Corvette
1996 Collector LT4
I took my '96 LT4 Collector To Dick Guldstrand's Track Day at Willow Springs. There were about 50-60 Vettes there (a vast majority). It was exhilarating, humbling and downright fast fun!! Dick was very accessable for questions on anything from driving tips to Vette parts. His instructors were willing to jump in the car at any time and give pointers.

I found my abilities were well below the true capabilities of my car. In fact, when I made mistakes, the ABS and Auto Skid Recovery features on the LT4 Collector literally took over and saved my fanny more than once (cudos to Chevy)! The car has over 50K mi. and ran flawlessly.

Getting a chance to run a true race course as fast as my abilities would allow is really what owning a Vette is all about . . .YEEEE HAAAWWWWW!!!
attachment.php

White knuckling it out of turn 3 . . . I'm the one behind the wheel with the load in my pants!

I've done Dick's track days before, and I agree - the first time on a track is a very humbling experience. :eek:

Glad too see you're having fun with the Vette, Richard. :upthumbs

Although I've never done a track day, I've met Dick several times at the NCM! :D He's a real joy to talk to! He loves to talk about his racing days.:D I hope that as many of you, as can get a chance to meet him!

Anyone that gets a chance to talk to Dick should. He is truly one of the been there - done that people in the world of Corvettes racing and performance! :upthumbs Ike

So. Bay, how did you happen to hear of the Guldstrand event? I've been to Willow Springs several times with NASA, but there usually aren't many other Vettes there. It would be great to get out on that track with a bunch of other Corvette drivers!

Barry

You can either visit the web site Barry (http://www.guldstrand.com/), or give them a call at 818-558-1499 and ask when the next Guldstrand Racing Association (GRA) event will be held. The GRA doesn't have a stand-alone web site. :(

WradDad said:
So. Bay, how did you happen to hear of the Guldstrand event? I've been to Willow Springs several times with NASA, but there usually aren't many other Vettes there. It would be great to get out on that track with a bunch of other Corvette drivers!

Barry

Hi Barry,

I think flyers went out to several Corvette clubs. I picked mine up at a Southwest Corvettes meeting. Many of the Vetters in attendance were with clubs. The next one is supposed to be in October.

When I finally find a job in San Diego and move out to Southern California Willow Springs is one place I definately want to see. I have heard it's an awfully nice roadcourse(?), out in the high desert. Thanks for posting this!!

/s/ Chris Kennedy
Houston, Texas

Remember that Willow Springs is in the high desert, so depending on the season, it can be very cold in the morning, and hot as Hades as the day progresses. Take plenty of water to prevent dehydration. ;)
willowsprings1.jpg

willow.gif

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom