Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Halltech T1-C for 70 dollars delivered. :)

JBsC5

Halltech T-1 C for 55 dollars delivered. :)

I just installed the Halltech Tunnel Ram Cold Air Extension to my cobra bridge so I have the T1-C filter and elbow available in case anyone wants a great bang for the buck mod for thier 2001 or newer Corvette.

Installs in 5 minutes and all you need to grab 10 to 14 rwhp..(as much as 17.4 rwhp according to some reports but I'll be conservative and say 10 to 14.

Lifetime reusable filter..This is a nice deal for anyone interested.

Email me or post here if interested. ( JBsC5@aol.com

JB

$55

Love it. The Halltech tunnel ram is very impressive. The T1- C was a very good improvement over stock. The Tunnel Ram is that doubled.

Cold Air rules!

This T1 -C thats going for 55 dollars should throw down 10 to 14rwhp ...

Good bang for the buck and takes about 5 -10 minutes to install.

Halltech system

Hi JB, I purchased the same Halltech system ,the Tunnel Ram
and am in process of installing it . In order to put the filter behind the Licence plate frame I had to take out 5 srews to loosen the schroud . after installing the ram tunnel it is impossible to re-attach the schroud to its former position . I just seems to be so unproffessional to me that there is this big opening where the schroud was attached before installation
any input would be welcome .
thanks, John

I sealed it up nice and easy. I would suggest maybe place the unit together..with the throttle body connector..(band) off the throttle body..

Then properly place the filter and attached unit so you can easily put on the seven mm screws..(I didn't bother with the center one)

Then attach the cobra bridge to the throttle body and your done.

This is what I did and it worked easy. If you would like you to call you anytime during the day tommorow, while your in the garage just email me your phone number and maybe I can answer any questions you might have.

It should just be a question of what order you do things.

Halltech

Thanks JB, I will reverse the installation and meaby I will be able to reconnect the schroud . I also learned that I need to cut some kind of styrafoam away to position the filter ??? did you do any cutting for yours? I take another look at it on Sunday .in the mean time thanks for the info . I let you know if it works
regards
John

John, I didn't cut anything but for a momment...I remember the shroud didn't want to button up..

Try what I suggested in the above post first...should work for you and take all of about 5 minutes..Just remove the maf wire..so you don't accidently put any pressure on it..then....loosen the band around the throttle body..and take the cobra with the band back or to the side..This will allow you to properly place the filter and button up the bottom of the shroud..then just reinstall the cobra to the throttle body..

If that doesn't work..consider this....

...point your thumb and your forefinger downward. spread open as far as they can go..then slowly close the space between them so there's just an inch between them..

When you do that you can see the height of the hand is higher..Thats my attempt to explain why your might have had a problem buttoning up the shroud.

Just imagine you need to slightly change the pitch of arch and it fits in nicely..(if the entire unit is screwed together in such a way that it would be like your two fingers about an inch apart..then the filter would be pushing down on the shroud..making it harder to re install the shroud. )

If I took a guess..it could also easily be remedied by probably slightly altering the pivot point near the maf band..meaning that the maf is facing more towards the garage wall vs. the garage floor...I bet a very small shift in angle upward would do the trick..(if what I suggested earlier doesn't work for you but it should)

Change that pivot point by a few degrees so the arc of entire unit would be slightly flatter..

Its easy to explain with the spoken word..less so with the typed word.

Feel free if you need to shoot the breeze..about to email me.

Thats always been what I have believed to be the great part of the forums..The brother hood to share ideas and experiences..

Have a good one.

JB

Hi JB, I followed your instructions and it went great , I also left out the middle screw since it did seem to put too much pressure on the filter .
this site is great thanks to people like you
thanks again, John .

Halltech system

Hi JB, I have the Halltech installed for a few days now , and I have to say that I really notice the difference in lower gear . It brings up a question however ???? how often should I clean the filter ???? Is there a certain amount of miles that is recommended , it is a lot of trouble to take everything apart just to look if the filter is dirty or not .
I really did not give this any consideration when ordering this system ,because I would have choosen a different one .
just my opinion
John

I would plan to clean the filter every 8 to 10 Thousand miles..

You'd be surprised that once you install this item how easy it will be to take off and clean.

Drop the 4 bolts..on shroud..

Undue the maf wire.

Losen the throttle body band screws..allow the top of the Cobra bridge to come off TB..

Take off the filter..

Clean filter.. by spraying the filter with cleaner..Allow hose water to flow from inside the filter outward..Shake off water..

Let dry..

Reinstall.

I don't anticipate this to be hard or long to do. (IMO)

Like I said..once you've done the install..

Your a pro..

I'd bet 15 minutes off..

Clean..

10 minutes on.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom