Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Handheld tuners

bugman34202

Corvette
2000 Arctic White Vert
Anyone have an opinion on handhelds? I know a dyno tune is best, but how do the hand tuners perform in realworld driving.

Thanks,
Joe B.

If your motor a diesel its ok-otherwise waste of $$$

I had my vette tuned on a dyno, but I used a handheld for my 07 Mustang GT, it was simple, saved the stock settings in case I ever wanted to change back and gave me a signifigant improvement of power and response, that was noticeable as soon as I drove the car, so I think it was worth it.

hand held tuners.

I believe much differently than others on the forum. They ARE worth the money. I have a automatic trans c5 so it came in real handy in raising line pressures to vastly improve shift points and firmness without getting carried away. Also, I did load the predator tune into my computer and it helped quite a bit. I then installed long tube headers and hired a professional tuner to tune my car on the street. He wound up using my predator because of its ease of use. The programs are saved on the predator along with the factory setup so I can reload stock programs. If you go to a dyno and they tune it you have nothing saved and the 500.00 bucks are then gone in the wind. I believe it is a must and gives me a sense of security that I have the device that can unlock the keys to the cars computer. Well worth it. edramos.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom