Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Happy Holidays from the Corvette Action Center!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Bill, I can't take credit for writing that. I got it from either here or another forum last year and liked it so much, I saved it and added my own personal touches.

Merry Christmas!!!

Chris

I thought it was pretty cool and saved it as well :thumb

Hope you had a good Christmas; I for one am glad it's winding down:Wrunning around like a looney toon :crazyit will be nice to get back to some kind of normality; what ever that is ;shrug May the New Year bring you nothing but health, propsperity & happiness :m not necessarily in that order.

Bill :w

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

I'd like to just take a moment to wish everyone Happy Holidays and a safe, and happy New Year.

If the egg nog bowl looks and smells like Baileys this holiday season, be sure to pour a big glass and celebrate the holidays properly! :m

Thanks Rob - great suggestion it will keep me from going stir crazy while waiting to get my vette back on the road this spring. :eek:hnoes:eek:hnoes:eek:hnoes

I'd like to just take a moment to wish everyone Happy Holidays and a safe, and happy New Year.

Thanks for the "holiday" wishes, however that term is a little too politically correct for my taste, especially if Merry Christmas is not specifically included in your well wishes.

I just noticed I have not been here since 08/07

Thanks for the "holiday" wishes, however that term is a little too politically correct for my taste, especially if Merry Christmas is not specifically included in your well wishes.

I just noticed I have not been here since 08/07
Well, ya can't please everyone.

Welcome back.;)

Isn't that the truth; it's getting harder and harder to please anyone seems like!

Bill

Well, ya can't please everyone.

Welcome back.;)

Sorry, but I think you are looking at this backwards. With your Politically Correct and generic "happy holidays", you are not trying to please anybody, instead you are trying not to offend anyone. Think about it!

Throughout most of our countries history, this is the Christmas season and has always been acknowledged as such. I am sure your parents did not fumble over their own words and thoughts when expressing joy and cheer this time of year. So there is nothing wrong with being traditional and saying Merry Christmas.
You could add Happy Holidays if you want to be all inclusive, but when you decide to exclude Christmas, it just helps to push us down the PC slope we are currently on.

Sadly many do not even realize they are brainwashed by PC, or are in the process of it happening to them. So it will take people to speak up to reverse this PC trend that has gotten out of hand.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Traditionally, the United States of America has been primarily a Catholic, Christian and Protestant nation.

However, given the advent of flight and technology, that is no longer the case. The United States of America is a cultural and religious melting pot.

Christmas is a Catholic/Christian holiday. I don't walk up to someone I know is Jewish and wish them a Merry Christmas. I wish them a Happy Hanukkah. If I know someone is Catholic or Christian, or Protestant, I'll wish them a Merry Christmas. If I know someone is a Buddhist, or a Muslim, I don't wish them either, since I don't know what holidays they celebrate.

Since I don't know the religious background of the nearly 20,000 members of this site, yes, I'm going to be politically correct, and simply wish everyone a generic Happy Holidays.

Given some of the email responses I got back there's a few others that were more vocal about my wishing them a Happy Holidays than you have been.

Regardless, accept my wish for you to have a Happy Holiday, and just simply be happy with that, without feeling the need to correct me on it.

As for brainwashing...welcome to Catholicism and Christianity.

:eyerole

Happy Holidays

To all CAC members and staff Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Thank you for all the great advice. Can't wait to the Bosch 3 injectors installed. Live long and prosper.

Donald:thumb

For those who object to "Happy Holiday" based on a strong religious belief, ask yourself what Jesus would do if He had been on Rob's notification list. Would He feel the need to correct the language of the greeting, or would He accept the good wishes? I wonder. :confused

For those who object based simply on tradition, all traditions are evolving. Many of those who object to "Happy Holiday" may even own import automobiles, unlike our old North American tradition of buying from the Big Three. I can hope that my neighbours buy North American, but I try not to be rude to them when they show off their new import car in the driveway. Traditions evolve.

By the way, Merry Christmas to all believing Christians and Happy Hanukkah to all practicing Jews reading this. Happy Winter Solstice to everyone else. ;)

Hear, hear it is what it is; we have to deal with it or stick our heads in the sand! Read in Happy Holidays what ever fits your individual culture and move on I say! Rob is trying to be respectful to a large diversified group; I guess I find it very difficult to see where you have the right to speak for him or anyone else for that matter let alone correct him when correction is not even in order!!!!! Again it is what it is, get a GRIP! What planet have you been living on anyway?

I am trying not to be out of line but couldn't not help myself here, "Old Soldiers Never Die They Just Fade Away".

I'm gone,
Bill

Hear, hear it is what it is; we have to deal with it or stick our heads in the sand! Read in Happy Holidays what ever fits your individual culture and move on I say! Rob is trying to be respectful to a large diversified group; I guess I find it very difficult to see where you have the right to speak for him or anyone else for that matter let alone correct him when correction is not even in order!!!!! Again it is what it is, get a GRIP! What planet have you been living on anyway?

I am trying not to be out of line but couldn't not help myself here, "Old Soldiers Never Die They Just Fade Away".

I'm gone,
Bill
I second that! :thumb
This is what people have to do the day after Christmas?:eyerole

....ask yourself what Jesus would do if He had been on Rob's notification list. Would He feel the need to correct the language of the greeting, or would He accept the good wishes? I wonder. :confused

Well said 67HEAVEN.:thumb

Read in Happy Holidays what ever fits your individual culture and move on I say! .......Bill

Good suggestion Bill!

I second that! :thumb
This is what people have to do the day after Christmas?:eyerole
:L Astute observation!

By the way..........

And on this point I agree - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my Christian friends! Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends! Happy Kwanzaa to my African American friends! And Happy Winter Solstice to everyone else! Hmmmmmm... looks like you're correct, Rob. Happy Holidays does cover it. ;)

And I must say, as a Christian myself, I took no offense to Rob's post of Happy Holidays. I thought he was posting a greeting to ALL the members of our community, not only a small group.

:wJane Ann

Traditionally, the United States of America has been primarily a Catholic, Christian and Protestant nation.

However, given the advent of flight and technology, that is no longer the case. The United States of America is a cultural and religious melting pot.

Christmas is a Catholic/Christian holiday. I don't walk up to someone I know is Jewish and wish them a Merry Christmas. I wish them a Happy Hanukkah. If I know someone is Catholic or Christian, or Protestant, I'll wish them a Merry Christmas. If I know someone is a Buddhist, or a Muslim, I don't wish them either, since I don't know what holidays they celebrate.

Since I don't know the religious background of the nearly 20,000 members of this site, yes, I'm going to be politically correct, and simply wish everyone a generic Happy Holidays.

Given some of the email responses I got back there's a few others that were more vocal about my wishing them a Happy Holidays than you have been.

Regardless, accept my wish for you to have a Happy Holiday, and just simply be happy with that, without feeling the need to correct me on it.

Well stated. Shows respect to all.

Maybe we can move on, I am a little reluctant in saying HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all but surely this can only have one meaning to all so here you go! I wish for all the CAC staff and membership nothing but first and foremost Health & Happiness but also prosperity for the New Year with many more to come. This is a first class forum and I for one am proud to be a part of it :m

Bill :w

First of all, those two denominations are Christian, so the first sentence makes no sense. You also go one several times to differentiate between Catholics and Christians, as if Catholics are not Christians, which shows a lack of knowledge on your part.
As to your comment about how America is now a religious melting pot, that again shows a lack of knowledge since America has always been a religious melting pot. You imply that things have changed, and while that is always the case, Christians still make up the overwhelming majority in this country. Almost 80% of Americans are Christians, with Jews only making up 2%, and Muslims barely 1%. If you don't believe it, look it up.
So in essence your political correctness has you trying not to offend a tiny fraction of the American populace, while potentially offending 8 out of every 10 of Americans.

Maybe I have caused your true colors to shine through considering that last sentence of yours? The irony is that you would never make such a sweeping generalization about a politically correct protected group such as blacks or Jews, but have no problem making that comment about the non PC protected Christians. Again, think about it and see if the light bulb goes off.

If I were a member of a PC protected group and had complained about being offended, you would be bending over backward to apologize even if you felt you did nothing wrong. However you have no problem telling me to essentially get over it.

That may very well be the problem with whites, men, and Christians in that they typically ignore the obvious hypocrisy. However that only leads to everyone else being afforded special consideration, and it being an open season on the aforementioned groups.

The bottom line is that PC is a form of brainwashing, whether you want to see it or not. You clearly are being PC, and I am simply trying to point that out. As I said before, your parents and their parents before them were not encumbered with thought and speech controls. So you should follow their example rather than ascribe to the new age liberal censorship they call political correctness.

Z Factor, if you want to continue attacking the owner of the website for his heartfelt best wishes, here's a few things you should give some sincere thought.

First, what would the CAC look like if Rob truly was as PC as you're trying to claim? Wouldn't Rob have deleted any reference to Christmas and banned anyone who objected? It's within his power to do so. It's within my power as an Administrator to do so as well but, as a Christian, I don't feel threatened whatsoever by Rob's best wishes and I'm not the least bit PC. If your faith so feeble, you see attack in someone's best wishes simply because the word "Christ" wasn't included?

Second, there are many Protestants who believe Catholics aren't Christians since (according to their dogma) they've gone astray since they create idols and pray to someone other than Jesus. I'm not one of those who believe such but these convictions are not uncommon, especially among the evangelical churches.

Thirdly, I invite you to scour the CAC for any sign of the kind of PC apologist behaviour you're claiming is rampant. Good luck... you're going to need it as I will be shocked if you find any.

Finally, look upon your own words and realize you're trying to impose a different kind of censorship. Rather than trying to ban words, you're trying to force someone to use words of your choosing. How is that any less disturbing that being PC? You have proved yourself to be ever bit as intolerant and unreasonable as any PCer and shown a decidedly un-Christian attitude. When you're saying your prayers tonight, ask your Lord for a bit of assistance in the "turn the other cheek" department.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays and I hope your new year is marvelous!

-Mac

First of all, those two denominations are Christian, so the first sentence makes no sense. You also go one several times to differentiate between Catholics and Christians, as if Catholics are not Christians, which shows a lack of knowledge on your part.
As to your comment about how America is now a religious melting pot, that again shows a lack of knowledge since America has always been a religious melting pot. You imply that things have changed, and while that is always the case, Christians still make up the overwhelming majority in this country. Almost 80% of Americans are Christians, with Jews only making up 2%, and Muslims barely 1%. If you don't believe it, look it up.
So in essence your political correctness has you trying not to offend a tiny fraction of the American populace, while potentially offending 8 out of every 10 of Americans.

Maybe I have caused your true colors to shine through considering that last sentence of yours? The irony is that you would never make such a sweeping generalization about a politically correct protected group such as blacks or Jews, but have no problem making that comment about the non PC protected Christians. Again, think about it and see if the light bulb goes off.

If I were a member of a PC protected group and had complained about being offended, you would be bending over backward to apologize even if you felt you did nothing wrong. However you have no problem telling me to essentially get over it.

That may very well be the problem with whites, men, and Christians in that they typically ignore the obvious hypocrisy. However that only leads to everyone else being afforded special consideration, and it being an open season on the aforementioned groups.

The bottom line is that PC is a form of brainwashing, whether you want to see it or not. You clearly are being PC, and I am simply trying to point that out. As I said before, your parents and their parents before them were not encumbered with thought and speech controls. So you should follow their example rather than ascribe to the new age liberal censorship they call political correctness.

Tell ya what...before I REALLY offend you, if you're going to sit behind your computer screen and call me ignorant, then I expect YOU to get off your ass, and provide references with factual information pertaining to what you state above as a reason for my ignorance.

So...with that said, by all means, please enlighten and educate me oh "wise one."

Why don't we concentrate on the one thing we have in common CORVETTES. Heres to leaving religion and politics off this web site.
And have a safe New Year!!!

Here let me help enlighten you in an effort to minimize your ignorance:

Question: What is the difference between Catholicism and Biblical Christianity?
Answer: Catholicism and Biblical Christianity are divergent religions. They are built on different foundations, and they propose different ways of salvation.
In principle, Christianity is built solely on the Holy Scriptures, the written Word of God. The Bible is our only infallible rule of faith, being sufficient to give us the sure knowledge of the Gospel for our salvation and holiness.
Roman Catholicism demands submission of the intellect and will to the doctrines taught by the Roman magisterium (the Pope and bishops). It is claimed that the Catholic Church derives its doctrines from the "sacred deposit" found in Scriptures and Sacred Tradition. However the faithful cannot verify these doctrines by referring to the original sources. The Scriptures are inaccessible because only the magisterium is able to establish the authentic meaning. Similarly the contents of Sacred Tradition can only be known through the magisterium. Roman Catholicism is mental and spiritual slavery to the Vatican.
As expected, since the foundations are different, so also are the edifices built upon them. Christianity stands on the Gospel of God's sovereign grace. In love, God predestines His chosen ones to be adopted as sons through Jesus Christ, their sole mediator. The Son became man and gave His life as a ransom to secure their freedom from sin. Being dead in sin, they are completely unable to convert ourselves or merit God's favour. Therefore God graciously grants His people repentance and faith to turn to Him and trust in Christ Jesus for salvation. Believers are accepted in Christ, solely on the merit of His righteousness and blood, and not because of any goodness or human merit. God also resides in His people by the Holy Spirit, enabling them to obey and glorify the Father, and to guarantee their inheritance in heaven forever.
Rome's "gospel" is not good news at all. The Roman institution, calling itself "The Church", usurps Christ's mediatorial office, proclaiming herself as the "sacrament of salvation." The "Church" dispenses salvation to her faithful in small portions, starting at baptism and continuing throughout life. Forgiveness can only be obtained through the sacrament of penance. The benefits of Christ's sacrifice are accessible through the sacrifice of the Mass. Instead of teaching the faithful to rest in Christ by faith, Catholics are taught to perform religious works to "merit grace" and to do penance to make satisfaction. Even after death, Catholics remains dependent on the "Church" to relieve their suffering in Purgatory by masses and indulgences.
The Roman Catholic Church is a mighty obstacle to anyone seeking salvation, enslaving millions of people to a religious system and preventing them from coming directly to Christ.
The choice is between the Bible and the Roman magisterium; the choice is between salvation by grace through faith in Christ, or through human merit and effort in the Roman religion.

SOURCE: Difference between Catholicism and Christianity
Z Factor said:
Really? From the Central Intelligence Agency web site:

Protestant 51.3%,
Roman Catholic 23.9%,
Mormon 1.7%,
other Christian 1.6%,
Jewish 1.7%,
Buddhist 0.7%,
Muslim 0.6%,
other or unspecified 2.5%,
unaffiliated 12.1%,
none 4%
(2007 est.)

But then we have this:
[SIZE=+2]Top Twenty Religions in the United States, 2001
[SIZE=+1](self-identification, ARIS)[/SIZE]

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 bgColor=#ccffff border=1><TBODY><TR bgColor=#87b8ff><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>Religion</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>1990 Est.
Adult Pop.

</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>2001 Est.
ADULT Pop.

</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>2004 Est.
Total Pop.

</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>% of U.S. Pop.,

</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>% Change
1990 - 2000

</TH></TR><TR><TD>Christianity</TD><TD align=right>151,225,000</TD><TD align=right>159,030,000</TD><TD align=right>224,437,959</TD><TD align=right>76.5%</TD><TD align=right>+5%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Nonreligious/Secular</TD><TD align=right>13,116,000</TD><TD align=right>27,539,000</TD><TD align=right>38,865,604</TD><TD align=right>13.2%</TD><TD align=right>+110%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Judaism</TD><TD align=right>3,137,000</TD><TD align=right>2,831,000</TD><TD align=right>3,995,371</TD><TD align=right>1.3%</TD><TD align=right>-10%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Islam</TD><TD align=right>527,000</TD><TD align=right>1,104,000</TD><TD align=right>1,558,068</TD><TD align=right>0.5%</TD><TD align=right>+109%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Buddhism</TD><TD align=right>401,000</TD><TD align=right>1,082,000</TD><TD align=right>1,527,019</TD><TD align=right>0.5%</TD><TD align=right>+170%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Agnostic</TD><TD align=right>1,186,000</TD><TD align=right>991,000</TD><TD align=right>1,398,592</TD><TD align=right>0.5%</TD><TD align=right>-16%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Atheist</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>902,000</TD><TD align=right>1,272,986</TD><TD align=right>0.4%</TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD>Hinduism</TD><TD align=right>227,000</TD><TD align=right>766,000</TD><TD align=right>1,081,051</TD><TD align=right>0.4%</TD><TD align=right>+237%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Unitarian Universalist</TD><TD align=right>502,000</TD><TD align=right>629,000</TD><TD align=right>887,703</TD><TD align=right>0.3%</TD><TD align=right>+25%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Wiccan/Pagan/Druid</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>307,000</TD><TD align=right>433,267</TD><TD align=right>0.1%</TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD>Spiritualist</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>116,000</TD><TD align=right>163,710</TD><TD align=right>0.05%</TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD>Native American Religion</TD><TD align=right>47,000</TD><TD align=right>103,000</TD><TD align=right>145,363</TD><TD align=right>0.05%</TD><TD align=right>+119%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Baha'i</TD><TD align=right>28,000</TD><TD align=right>84,000</TD><TD align=right>118,549</TD><TD align=right>0.04%</TD><TD align=right>+200%</TD></TR><TR><TD>New Age</TD><TD align=right>20,000</TD><TD align=right>68,000</TD><TD align=right>95,968</TD><TD align=right>0.03%</TD><TD align=right>+240%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Sikhism</TD><TD align=right>13,000</TD><TD align=right>57,000</TD><TD align=right>80,444</TD><TD align=right>0.03%</TD><TD align=right>+338%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Scientology</TD><TD align=right>45,000</TD><TD align=right>55,000</TD><TD align=right>77,621</TD><TD align=right>0.02%</TD><TD align=right>+22%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Humanist</TD><TD align=right>29,000</TD><TD align=right>49,000</TD><TD align=right>69,153</TD><TD align=right>0.02%</TD><TD align=right>+69%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Deity (Deist)</TD><TD align=right>6,000</TD><TD align=right>49,000</TD><TD align=right>69,153</TD><TD align=right>0.02%</TD><TD align=right>+717%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Taoist</TD><TD align=right>23,000</TD><TD align=right>40,000</TD><TD align=right>56,452</TD><TD align=right>0.02%</TD><TD align=right>+74%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Eckankar</TD><TD align=right>18,000</TD><TD align=right>26,000</TD><TD align=right>36,694</TD><TD align=right>0.01%</TD><TD align=right>+44%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[SIZE=+2]Top Ten ORGANIZED Religions in the United States, 2001[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1](self-identification, ARIS)[/SIZE]

[Nonreligious, Atheist, Agnostic have been dropped from this list.]
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 bgColor=#ccffff border=1><TBODY><TR bgColor=#87b8ff><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>Religion</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>2001 Est.
Adult Pop.

</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>2004 Est.
Total Pop.

</TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>% of U.S. Pop.,

</TH></TR><TR><TD>Christianity</TD><TD align=right>159,030,000</TD><TD align=right>224,437,959</TD><TD align=right>76.5%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Judaism</TD><TD align=right>2,831,000</TD><TD align=right>3,995,371</TD><TD align=right>1.3%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Islam</TD><TD align=right>1,104,000</TD><TD align=right>1,558,068</TD><TD align=right>0.5%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Buddhism</TD><TD align=right>1,082,000</TD><TD align=right>1,527,019</TD><TD align=right>0.5%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Hinduism</TD><TD align=right>766,000</TD><TD align=right>1,081,051</TD><TD align=right>0.4%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Unitarian Universalist</TD><TD align=right>629,000</TD><TD align=right>887,703</TD><TD align=right>0.3%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Wiccan/Pagan/Druid</TD><TD align=right>307,000</TD><TD align=right>433,267</TD><TD align=right>0.1%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Spiritualist</TD><TD align=right>116,000</TD><TD align=right>163,710</TD><TD align=right>0.05%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Native American Religion</TD><TD align=right>103,000</TD><TD align=right>145,363</TD><TD align=right>0.05%</TD></TR><TR><TD>Baha'i</TD><TD align=right>84,000</TD><TD align=right>118,549</TD><TD align=right>0.04%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[/SIZE]

Additional Stats: Largest Religious Groups in the USA

The U.S. has NOT always been a religious melting pot. There was an enormous shift in religions and an upsurge of organized religions in the U.S. after World War II. Don't believe me? Educate your ignorant self and look it up.

So in essense, your statistics and your facts are inaccurate.

*snip the BS*
Z-factor said:

My true colors...let me show you my true colors:

You need to take a long, hard look in the mirror. Your ignorance and lack of education on the subject matter clearly shows through in your posting.

On that note, you are obviously a saddened, misguided individual and I sincerely hope you have one hell of a shitty 2009. :upthumbs

Everyone else...I wish you all HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Last but not least...to all of you fellow Wiccans out there... BLESSED BE!

Thread closed....moving on. :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom