Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Happy New Owner of 2004 Coupe

well, 1st thing is a car cover, then a set of floor mats and trunk mat from Corvette Central cause I want to store the originals. Been reading the posts on upgrades but it sounds like unless oyu tear the engine down your not going to get a great deal of additional HP by just add on's. I havn't flogged it yet so I don't know if I will be totally satisfied with the performance. I think I will always want more ! I would like to get the buffer/polisher from porter cable, found it as cheap as 149.00. I love to wax the thing I guess it's good therapy! Any recomendations for add on's?

Stosh said:
Hi Everyone,

Just bought my 04 Spiral Gray vert a couple weeks ago. I have 330 miles on it now, don't want to drive it much till I get a chance to clean and wax the wheels on the inside so the brake dust won't stick to them. Mine was built in April and had 13 miles on it when I picked it up. MSRP was 56K , I paid 45K.The dealer had two more Black verts and had already sold a couple C6's so was really wanting to get rid of the 04's.

And thats just fine with me cause I love the C5! This is my 5th Vette and hands down the best one yet.

Does anyone have the performance (1/4 mile and 0-60) specs for a C5 vert auto with the performance axle?

Congrads...mine is a torch red vert now with 1400 miles on it... and it was also built in April '04...did you get the recall notice yet?...you should...you will need 4 bolts/washers replaced on the suspension system...defective material used in the metal washers/bolts and can rust out and possibly cause loss of control...check into it...:beer

Hey thanks a lot I will! Do oyu know where the info may be located? I think the"Resale Red" is always a gret choice. It just says Corvette!

Just called my dealer, they are going to fix it tuesday morning, will let you know how it goes! Thanks

New 04 owner also. I love it so much I'm going to have to change my username as it no longer applies. I guess C5fan would be accurate now!!:D It is my 4th corvette ( the first C5), and I can't say enough about it. I'm glad to have people waving back to me again!! :Twist

C4 Fan,
I just moved from Rochester a year ago, lot of things I miss about NY, but the Winters and Taxes are not two of them. Are you in Buffalo?

Stosh,

Actually I'm originally from the Buffalo area, but we just moved back from Pittsburgh. We live in Ogden. We averaged 30 inches of snow a year down there. I gave my snowblower to my sister who lives in Greece. Needless to say I already made Home Depot happy as I made sure to get a new one. Taxes are something else I didn't miss when we were gone. My taxes are half my mortgage payment. :( I got rid of the last one in 98. The itch was just too much to resist, especially after reconnecting with my friends who have vettes up here!!!

:bar

Yea I know where Ogden is, I used to hunt on farms out that way. I know what you mean about the itch, this is my 5th one! But so far I have done quite well, I buy them a couple years old with low milage and drive them a couple years and get most of my money back. Last one was a 95 I bought in 97 for 28K, drove it 2 years and sold it for 27K. So far they have been the cheapest cars I have owned! This time I bought a new one because the price was so right I think I can drive for a few years and not do too bad. They are a lot better than just about any other car for resale.

Stosh said:
Just called my dealer, they are going to fix it tuesday morning, will let you know how it goes! Thanks
Great...please keep me posted...my email is usacorvetter@att.net incase you ever want to exchange all kinds of info...again congrads...I have all kinds of info to share...:upthumbs

Are there any other recalls I should be aware of?

Thanks again

Silver w red

Mike...............

You are going to love the silver, it'svery easy to take care of. Mine is a 04 Silver with Red interior............

Don't flame me guys but the stock exhaust system on the C5 sounds very weak. Someone like my mom would like the stock exhaust system. ;LOL

It will give you some audio gratification. It'll get you a few horsepower too! :D

Stosh said:
Are there any other recalls I should be aware of?

Thanks again
Not yet...but GM will notify you by mail if there are others or should I say "when" there are others...also sign up for "My GM Link"...its free and you can get the latest info on recalls there also...

[QUOTE=Edmond.... Someone like my mom would like the stock exhaust system. ;LOL

what does your mom look like?...I may be interested...( j/k):L

Too Funny Guys! I knew when I was to old for real loud exhaust when I rode in a friends Pantera a couple years ago. For those of you unfamilure it is a mid engine 351 C Ford. The engine sets about a foot behind your head, and this one was built to the hilt! This thing had headers and mufflers the size of a large pork&bean can! After an hour I had a headach that I couldn't believe. But I would like for the Vette to be a little louder. Someone made an adjustable exhaust but I cant remember who.

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]
Edmond.... Someone like my mom would like the stock exhaust system. ;LOL what does your mom look like?...I may be interested...( j/k):L[/QUOTE said:
Momma can't look too good because her son don't. :L

Hey Guys,
Just had the recall for the suspension done. Took them 5 Hours, is that normal??

BTW...will all of you new '04 owners please tell how much your MSRP was and what you got off of MSRP?

I'll start...I got $11,000 off MSRP($54,540+ tax and the other stuff)...ok..don't be shy...your turn...:) :w[/QUOTE]
I bought a 04 Commemorative Vert, MSRP $57,450, paid $39,700 after the $3000 rebate.

brndaj said:
BTW...will all of you new '04 owners please tell how much your MSRP was and what you got off of MSRP?

I'll start...I got $11,000 off MSRP($54,540+ tax and the other stuff)...ok..don't be shy...your turn...:) :w
I bought a 04 Commemorative Vert, MSRP $57,450, paid $39,700 after the $3000 rebate.[/QUOTE]=========================================================
Are you doing the math correct?...$57,450 and you got it for $39,700???Geeze...am I missing something...thats $17,750 discount...that can't possibly be correct...:L ...Tell us again please how you got $17,500 discount...:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom