Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Happy New Owner of 2004 Coupe

C

cvrinc

Hi,

I posted in the Technical Thread and I thought I would post here too. I am the proud new owner of a fresh built (on 6-29-04) Machined Silver Coupe with Black interior with ISB, Performance Axle, and Polished Wheels. I had previously owned a '68 427 Coupe, but the improvements to the '04 are fantastic. I really am impressed with the performance, handling, and style of this car. I broke it in on a trip from Southern California to Carmel going up Highway 1. The car was a blast to drive and it puts a smile on my face everytime I look at and drive it.

I really liked my buying experience because I used GM BuyPower to locate the exact car I wanted at 3 different dealers and let them compete against each other for the best possible price. The deal was all negotiated before I went to the dealer. I just had to check the car out and then sign and go. No more haggling with the man in the back, it was a great experience and I saved a lot of money. It made the decision to get an C5 vs. waiting on a C6 an easy decision.

One question I have is the passenger seat has developed a slight pop sound from under the right side of seat (on the rail) that happens when a passenger shifts their weight with a turn. It doesn't happen all the time and only when there is a passenger. Has anyone else experienced this and what is the possible fix? I hope someone can shed some light on this before I go to the dealer.

Other than that, the car is perfect.

I am glad I found this site as it has been a great source for information.

Thanks,
Mike

U too!

Mike,
Congratulations on the '04. My 04 was also made in June (Black/black coupe) This car is my 6th Corvette and aside from my 2001 Yellow convertible is the best Corvette yet. I only have 650 miles on my car so its still brand new to me.
This forum is excellent for advice and brotherhood and I'm certain you will enjoy it as I have. Keep the wave!

Larry:D

congrads...lots of new 04 owners..me to

Welcome!! I'm a soon to be 2004 owner... (well perhaps in my dreams) but its the thought that counts! Your gonna love the car and love the forum!!

Hi Larry, Wegone, and Dawn,

Thanks for the replies and nice comments. I see all of you have owned a number of Corvettes in the past. Did any of you own any C3's or C4's, if so, what years and what engines?

I just returned from driving the new C5 and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Thanks,
Mike

cvrinc said:
Hi Larry, Wegone, and Dawn,

Thanks for the replies and nice comments. I see all of you have owned a number of Corvettes in the past. Did any of you own any C3's or C4's, if so, what years and what engines?

I just returned from driving the new C5 and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Thanks,
Mike
Many of each...some pics of my current Vette's on my home page..I hope you are enjoying the C5 as much as I am..just over 4K miles in the first 3 weeks.

Steve

Congrats!! After getting a good look at a bunch of C6 vettes at Carlisle.... I don't wanna bash em.... but then seeing the steep discounts on the 04s, made me want to go out and get one of the last ones! Another strange thing is to look at prices of late model low mileage used vettes - often asking more than the price of new 04s...;shrug

Congrads on the '04...now to answer your question...the noise from your passenger seat is not major...its just one of the little "bugs" to be worked out under warranty...you will probably see some more small things that will surface during the first few thousand miles so don't worry, they are covered under the "bumber to bumper warranty"...just wait a while and have several things fixed at one time...unless of course it is a major thing like an unusual engine noise, etc.

My '04 Torch Red Vert was built on April 15th and shipped to Kerbecks on April 22nd and shipped directly to me on April 28th... with all of the body protective plastic and interior plastic still in tact...and I now have 1050 miles on the clock...Just put a Donaldson Blackwing air filter on yesterday(best investment I could have done) and it made a nice difference...the stock GM air box has a tiny opening of about 2-3 square inches and I do not see how it could even breathe...took me about 30 mins to install, taking my time...

Again..congrads to all of you new '04 owners....:beer

BTW...will all of you new '04 owners please tell how much your MSRP was and what you got off of MSRP?

I'll start...I got $11,000 off MSRP($54,540+ tax and the other stuff)...ok..don't be shy...your turn...:) :w

I bought my '04 Coupe a year ago July and with 8K miles I'm happy to say I've had no problems. I have a similar problem with my bucket seat clicking - only it's on my '99 Silverado. It would happen to me all the time, on both right and left turns. I took it in several times to different Mr. Goodwrenchs, but as it always, they could never make it happen. One time, they took the seat out and sent it out to a contractor who works with seats but still could find nothing. My advice - be persistent. Get that seat fixed. Otherwise, it will drive you crazy as long as you own that car because you'll think about it every time you make a turn.

Hi,

jrose7004, thanks for the congrats and the advise on the seat being the rocking problem. I take it that my Chevy dealer will know how to deal with it. Does anyone have any experience on how Chevy fixs this problem?

John Doe, thank you for the congrats and I agree with you on the C6 vs. great deals on a proven C5. I will give the C6's time to age and review at that time.

'04 Torch Red, thank you for the congrats and for the detailed information on the seat problem. I will wait for the first oil change and then have Chevy address the problem and hopefull no other problems. I must say that this is the only thing I have found and everything thing else, from the fit/finish, paint, and all other functions have been super. I'll have to check out the Blackwing air filter, what's the cost and what exactly does it gain for HP?
Now as far as the deal I negotiated: Went to GM BuyPower and located 3 cars optioned exactly the way I wanted. The 3 dealers then bid against each other to my e-mail. After a few rounds, settled on the best deal: MSRP $47,540 (Coupe) got it for $38,921 saving $8,619, which proved to be very competitive with what the other dealers bid here in Southern Calif.

gonetobama13, thanks for the advise on the seat. You would have thought that this being one of the last 200+ built that they would have corrected this. I will stay after them and you are right that it would drive me crazy to hear it everytime I went around a corner.

wegone, I haven't had a chance to check out your pictures at the Corvette Forum, but I will and get back to you.

We haven't had any problems with a seat or anything else on our 2004 convertible. We ordered our car last July and took delivery in Nov. 2003. It is Arctic White with Torch Red leather and a black conv. top. It is a 6-speed with F55 and fully loaded. We have added a Hurst Billet Plus shifter and installed Borla Quad Round Stingers. Mileage now is 2700. Miles and miles of smiles and smiles. Love those C5s, especially the trouble-free ones.
Oh yeah, by the way, I also have a Column Lock Bypass and a CAGS Bypass that aren't installed yet.

Hi dooscoop32,

Your car sounds great and I like the modifications that you added. White with red is a classic color combination.

Glad to hear you haven't had any problems and I have only found the seat problem which is minor and I will have fixed on my first oil change.

With only 2700 miles in 10 months, it sounds like you need to get it out on the road more.

cvrinc said:
Hi dooscoop32,

Your car sounds great and I like the modifications that you added. White with red is a classic color combination.

Glad to hear you haven't had any problems and I have only found the seat problem which is minor and I will have fixed on my first oil change.

With only 2700 miles in 10 months, it sounds like you need to get it out on the road more.
=========================================================

...and I have 1400 miles on mine in 4 1/2 months....:L :upthumbs

Happy New Owner Of 2004 Coupe

What are you guys waiting for, get out and drive these great cars. Is is an excellent anti-depressant! :D

cvrinc said:
Hi dooscoop32,

We do drive it a good bit but we also have a 1932 Ford Street Rod in Corvette Yellow with purple flames and a beautifully restored Rangoon Red 1965 Mustang formerly owned by Ned Jarrett and we have to drive them, too.
And you guys are right. They are great therapy. It's just that the therapy for each week depends on the mood I'm in. Because these three cars are about as varied and different as you can get. But we love them all equally.
Thanks for the advice, though.
Now, you know the rest of the story.

C:wRVETTE

Hi Everyone,

Just bought my 04 Spiral Gray vert a couple weeks ago. I have 330 miles on it now, don't want to drive it much till I get a chance to clean and wax the wheels on the inside so the brake dust won't stick to them. Mine was built in April and had 13 miles on it when I picked it up. MSRP was 56K , I paid 45K.The dealer had two more Black verts and had already sold a couple C6's so was really wanting to get rid of the 04's.

And thats just fine with me cause I love the C5! This is my 5th Vette and hands down the best one yet.

Does anyone have the performance (1/4 mile and 0-60) specs for a C5 vert auto with the performance axle?

Congrats on the new car! Have you been sleeping in it too? :L

I like the color, that gray is very eye catching, eye addicting is more like it. :upthumbs

Yea,

I sit in it and make motor noises :D Thanks, it was a choice between Gray and Mag Red/tan but the Gray just looked great to me (Eye candy). I am surprised they only made that color two years.

I like the 50 more HP than my 95. To Quote Mick Jagger "Tooo much is never enough" LOL

I was going to hold out for a C6 but I don't want to buy the first year out, would rather wait a couple years till the design bugs are worked out and the price is more negotiable.

Stosh said:
Yea,

I sit in it and make motor noises :D Thanks, it was a choice between Gray and Mag Red/tan but the Gray just looked great to me (Eye candy). I am surprised they only made that color two years.

I like the 50 more HP than my 95. To Quote Mick Jagger "Tooo much is never enough" LOL

I was going to hold out for a C6 but I don't want to buy the first year out, would rather wait a couple years till the design bugs are worked out and the price is more negotiable.

And you got a great deal on it! Can't complain about that. Any mods on mind yet?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom