Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hard start after sitting 2-3 days

JohnnyC

Corvette
1996 Black Coupe - LT4
I have a 1996 Corvette LT4 manual with +210K miles, my daily driver car. I have trouble starting Monday mornings typically after it has been sitting just over the weekend since i get home Friday after work. This can take 6-7 long cranks to finally get going. I notice puffs of smoke from the engine after the first crank or 2. After that, the car huffs and jerks and wants to start. Eventually it does start fully. I have no issues driving or acceleration.

After reporting this last year, my mechanic replaced the fuel pump and sending unit. This aftermarket one began to have the same problem last month. Also, sending unit was WAY off, read close to empty but still had 5-6 gallons left. So I purchased an original GM sending unit and fuel pump. Same hard starting problem is happening again after a few days idle. The ignition module was replaced 2 years ago when that died on me on the highway. I recently bought another new AC Delco fuel pump and new ignition module just in case.

Why so much trouble starting a car after only 2 days?

I replaced the fuel injectors and the car starts instantly now and has great acceleration! I recommend ACCEL 26 lbs.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom