Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

hard starting

sinestr

Corvette
2015 Red Stingray Coupe
I have a 96CE/LT4 and after the car sits for several hours it will not start without cranking the engine several times. I had it to my mechanic, he said it needed a fuel pump and a new coil of which I had him replace both. The next morning same thing, I had to crank the engine several times to start. Could it be injectors? I assume I am losing pressure somewhere.

hot dang man! ive got the same problem and cannot get a good reply.first when you turn the key to the on position you should haer the fuel pump in the tank run.if you dont you need a new one or a wiring fix.and now for the bad news. seems if the optispark get wet inside it dont like that.its a long but not hard job to REPLACE it.and many dinero too.

Tomorrow it goes back to the shop. I'll keep you informed of the outcome.

Had the same problem on my '95... fixed now!

Turned out to be the fuel pressure regulator in the fuel manifold. Corvette Mike in Anaheim replaced it and it fires up instantly now. Guess it acts like a check valve and if bad slowly lets the pressure bleed off and you have to crank it a few times to build it back up. If I recall, the repair ran me about $225-250, but thats just my bad memory.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom