Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

hard starting

bill5674

Corvette
Lets hope someone has seen this .tried looking in "faq"but no help .intermetint no start when cold ,start and die,a half dozen times and then car is fine .had all injectors rebuilt new fuel pump .sounds like pump is coming on but ...besides being blind in one eye ,i don`t hear all that well these days.damn diesels. any one have a similiar incounter? Bill

Could be fuel pressure, dirty IAC valve, (if the 90 has one), clogged "sock" or inline filter or even a weak pump although that would be my last guess since it runs fine after getting started. I'm sure others will have additional leads to check out though...

Len:w

Mine does it too. If I leave it more then two weeks or so it takes about three times to start, and stall under its own power. If I give it a little gas it runs fine. After that it runs great.

let me bring you up to speed on what i found.saturday car starts runs like crap.clear codes and start up,sets code right away.Code 41 faulty or incorrect mem-cal .open up ecm and look in somebody put a hyper tech chip in and left the old one laying in the ecm.put old one back in. car now runs fine.no codes. next question ;while checking the egr valve i put vaccum directly into it does not hold any .any input on this .like i said car runs great

If the EGR don't hold vacume it leaks, needs to be replaced, or remove the line and plug it. The vacume leak can effect the way it idles when the the system tries to open the EGR.

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom