Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! hardwiring my Zune

markmark

Corvette
2001 Z51 navy blue metallic coupe
Hello to all of my Corvette family and enthusiests. I have read a few posts about hardwiring ipods to the Bose factory stereo system. Can someone please offer a link or info about hardwiring my Zune mp3 player into my 01'coupe? Thank ou in advance. c5havin. Remember the wave:w

Hello to all of my Corvette family and enthusiests. I have read a few posts about hardwiring ipods to the Bose factory stereo system. Can someone please offer a link or info about hardwiring my Zune mp3 player into my 01'coupe? Thank ou in advance. c5havin. Remember the wave:w
I did a little searching this morning and it seems that no one has come out with the interface needed to hard wire the Zune into the factory stereo. I did find some mention of a possible March timeframe for one to arrive on the market. I have my iPod hard wired in two of my vehicles and it is great so I hope for you that an interface comes out soon. You might try checking with Crutchfield (www.crutchfield.com) from time to time to see if they have something.

Hi Vette Dreaming, thanks for the info. I guess I will have to keep searching. And by the way, You have great taste in color. Nice ride! C5havin. Remember the wave :w

Well I finally did it today. I ordered the COR-HAR and a GM-10 adapter from P.I.E Electronics and installed today. All of you folks using FM transmitters or whatever they are called, need to do this. The installation is only as difficult as you make it. It took me all of about four hours to do a very clean install. I have to use the Zune as the controller, but what a difference in sound. When I was done, I asked myself the same question that I asked myself the day I bought my Vette', "Why didn't I do this sooner". :w Remember the wave

Mark, can you go into a bit more detail... pretend you're talking to someone who knows absolutely nothing about your subject (like ME)! ;)

I'd love to upgrade and join the crowd that has better tunes and more choices for Corvette cruising.

If I purchased a Zune or Ipod I'd likely get Kevin (or someone he recommends) to set it up and I'm wondering what's involved.

TIA!
:wJane Ann

Mark, can you go into a bit more detail... pretend you're talking to someone who knows absolutely nothing about your subject (like ME)! ;)

I'd love to upgrade and join the crowd that has better tunes and more choices for Corvette cruising.

If I purchased a Zune or Ipod I'd likely get Kevin (or someone he recommends) to set it up and I'm wondering what's involved.

TIA!

I need help I have this setup but can't find the three pin plug that should be by the fuse box. Did you have any problems?

I need help I have this setup but can't find the three pin plug that should be by the fuse box. Did you have any problems?

First, welcome to the :CAC !!
As for the technical question, I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you. After posting in this thread, I had other expenses come up that relegated IPOD or Zune purchases and hook ups to a back burner for now.

Hopefully someone else that has done the upgrade will chime in soon with an answer.

Hey Tim, Glad to be of help. This place is really good in the help dept. All that you have to do is ask. Enjoy the tunes!:w Remember the wave! mark

Its under the panel to the right of the fuse box in the passenger foot well area, you have to remove the black plastic door sill.

Thanks warren I did find the three pin plug, it was under the carpet in the passenger well and the four pin was mounted next to the fusebox. I pluged it up and it works great now I need to run the audio cord thrugh the ashtray and put it back together. Thanks for the help from all and I will post some pics after it is done.

... Thanks for the help from all and I will post some pics after it is done.

You'll find we have great folks around here, always willing to help! :thumb

Post the pix when you can. I'd like to see them.

I forgot to ask where did you place you gm10-aux box?
Hi outatyme. I used double sided tape, and stuck it to the bottom of the a/c head unit bracket. After plugging everything in, after making an 18 inch loop of that excessively long harness, I tucked the harness down the right hand side under the dash. The tunnel of the car just was too hot for my likeing for attachment of the box. Make sure you put the box to the left as to make room for the ashtray. mark

I used double stick foam tape to secure the aux-1o to the steel frame above and to the right of the blower motor under the dash. (Or the left side if you are laying on your back looking up at the under side of the dash)

I also cut the cor-har cable down to about 2 feet.

So if you get the lockup problem I have read on other forums will you have to take your dash apart to unplug the unit?

Hi outatyme. I used double sided tape, and stuck it to the bottom of the a/c head unit bracket. After plugging everything in, after making an 18 inch loop of that excessively long harness, I tucked the harness down the right hand side under the dash. The tunnel of the car just was too hot for my likeing for attachment of the box. Make sure you put the box to the left as to make room for the ashtray. mark

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom