Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hello everyone! I need some help with my 92 Coupe.

Paul67Car

Corvette
1992 White Corvette Coupe
Again, Hello all! I recently purchased my 92 coupe 6 months ago and love it!!!. I had to put the car in the repair shop a few days ago due to a no start issue. It was determined that the optispark has went south and needs replacing. I have read quite a few post here regarding the quality of certain optisparks but the posts I have read are older posts (2009-2014). Nothing really current. I do know that you can no longer get the new optispark from GM/Delco. I have looked high and low, just can`t be found. In todays market (2018), who has the best opti out there? Is it the AC Delco re-manufactured unit, MSD, Accel? Is the Petris opti from Zip any good? Need help on what to do here. Does anyone have solid knowledge on the current optis, it sure would be of some major help! I sure would hate to have one put on and 2 or 3000 miles down the road be doing it all over again, that would suck! Please advise!!! Thank you :w

If the engine is stock or near stock and you're not racing the car, I'd go with Zip Product's Petris detributor. It's based on the OE-type "Opti", but Chris Petris adds some enhancements which make the part more reliable and durable.

Thank you Hib!

That is a very good option. In fact that is what I was considering first. I wound up getting a reman AC Delco. If it does not hold up, I will switch over to the Petris opti. I really liked the idea of it being vented. I also heard thu the grapevine that there was a way to add a drain line to the water pump seep hole (seems odd). I have not figured that one out yet but I am working on it! Tearing Google apart to find more on it :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom