Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Has anyone dealt directly with GM HQ

C

commvette

Hey all,
Has anyone dealt directly with GM Headquarters? I just purchaced my first corvette and it is being held hostage at the local Chevy dealership here in Tampa FL. To make this short, I took my vette in for some warranty work and it came back with multiple scratches and a big fat screw in the FR tire. Of course the service manager denies that his shop could do such a thing. After proving there were no prior scratches it is back in their shop getting the rocker panel painted along with fixing a few other screwups they did. Bad part is I took it in on Tuesday, they promised it back on Wednesday. It is now Friday and they are still not finished and have come up with every lame@$$ excuse and lie known to man. I know what they are doing, putting my car aside to work on cars they will make more $$$ on then work on my car if they get to it later. Work will not resume until Monday of next week and I have little faith it will be returned right.
I sure could use a name and phone number to contact GM and report this dealer. Not sure if it would do any good but would hope Chevy has some guidelines dealerships have to go by to turn around a customers car fixed right. I have spoken to the service writer, the service manager, and even tried contacting the Owner,who by the way does not return customer voice mails. Does anyone know the chain of command after it goes beyond the owner of the dealersip and how to find contact info for these people?
The sad part is I have been a loyal customer of this dealership for the last 9 years and have purchaced multiple cars from them. I just want my car back and fixed right.

Thanks All…

Id imagine GM wouldnt be too happy about their dealer treating a Corvette owner like that. Are they a certified Corvette dealership? I hope not.

I wouldnt expect them to bump me ahead of the line just because i have a Corvette; anyone with a warranty deserves wo get what they pay for. Nevertheless, if they damaged your car in addition to delivering bad service, they should get a slap on the wrist and should certainly be working around the clock to fix your car if they have to.

Things like this make GM look bad when GM needs to look as good as it can.

Hey all,
Has anyone dealt directly with GM Headquarters? I just purchaced my first corvette and it is being held hostage at the local Chevy dealership here in Tampa FL. To make this short, I took my vette in for some warranty work and it came back with multiple scratches and a big fat screw in the FR tire. Of course the service manager denies that his shop could do such a thing. After proving there were no prior scratches it is back in their shop getting the rocker panel painted along with fixing a few other screwups they did. Bad part is I took it in on Tuesday, they promised it back on Wednesday. It is now Friday and they are still not finished and have come up with every lame@$$ excuse and lie known to man. I know what they are doing, putting my car aside to work on cars they will make more $$$ on then work on my car if they get to it later. Work will not resume until Monday of next week and I have little faith it will be returned right.
I sure could use a name and phone number to contact GM and report this dealer. Not sure if it would do any good but would hope Chevy has some guidelines dealerships have to go by to turn around a customers car fixed right. I have spoken to the service writer, the service manager, and even tried contacting the Owner,who by the way does not return customer voice mails. Does anyone know the chain of command after it goes beyond the owner of the dealersip and how to find contact info for these people?
The sad part is I have been a loyal customer of this dealership for the last 9 years and have purchaced multiple cars from them. I just want my car back and fixed right.

Thanks All…

Check with Chevrolet customer service to request the zone manager's name and contact information. Also - check the telephone number listings - the Chevrolet Zone Office in my area is listed in the telephone book.

You will never be happy with this dealer's service and / or repairs. You may also want to contact an attorney.

You should post the dealer's name and information so that other members could avoid this dealership.

Good luck. I would be sick about the car damage and the poor treatment that you received.

I wouls ask them for the phone number of the GM zone representative.

That is a great Idea. I hope this Zone rep has some influence over this dealership.

Thanks for the Tip.

Gary

Id imagine GM wouldnt be too happy about their dealer treating a Corvette owner like that. Are they a certified Corvette dealership? I hope not.

I wouldnt expect them to bump me ahead of the line just because i have a Corvette; anyone with a warranty deserves wo get what they pay for. Nevertheless, if they damaged your car in addition to delivering bad service, they should get a slap on the wrist and should certainly be working around the clock to fix your car if they have to.

Things like this make GM look bad when GM needs to look as good as it can.

Oh yes, they are a certified Corvette dealership. I never expect my car to be bumped ahead of anyone. This appointment was made 2 weeks ago for this service to be done. Book hours on the repairs is not more than 3 hours. It is now day 5. I spoke to the service manager last night requesting that he just fix my car and return it. I found out that this service department is open on Saturday but he refused to work and finish my car because Saturdays are different. They do quickie $$$ work on Saturdays. I told him that was not fair just to keep my car hanging and work on others just to make quickie bucks. His reply to me was "It's easier to **** off one customer that 5" and I quote, that is exactly what he told me. So I have been sitting here all day today getting madder at this place.

Check with Chevrolet customer service to request the zone manager's name and contact information. Also - check the telephone number listings - the Chevrolet Zone Office in my area is listed in the telephone book.

You will never be happy with this dealer's service and / or repairs. You may also want to contact an attorney.

You should post the dealer's name and information so that other members could avoid this dealership.

Good luck. I would be sick about the car damage and the poor treatment that you received.

You are correct, there is no way I could ever go back to this dealership. I am very sick, my first Corvette was flawless. I went and purchaced a buffer and 3M 4 stage car care products and was able to buff out most of the scratches. Since they just patched my tire instead of replacing it, I lost the Z rating on the Tire. It was new too.....

I wrote directly to Rick Wagoner, GM's CEO. I got a call back, but no help with my dealer problem. So... good luck!!!

I wrote directly to Rick Wagoner, GM's CEO. I got a call back, but no help with my dealer problem. So... good luck!!!

I am on page 3 of my letter to GM. When I finish I will send to him also. Just got my car back yesterday after 7 days being held hostage at the local dealer. Came back with yet antoher scratch. How can a dealership treat cars like this. OMG I am about to blow a gasket. On the invoice it states for a total of .6 hours work. and they had it 7 days. What a bunch of Jerks...

I am on page 3 of my letter to GM. When I finish I will send to him also. Just got my car back yesterday after 7 days being held hostage at the local dealer. Came back with yet antoher scratch. How can a dealership treat cars like this. OMG I am about to blow a gasket. On the invoice it states for a total of .6 hours work. and they had it 7 days. What a bunch of Jerks...

Unbelievable. :(

I'd enclose photos of the scratches and a photocopy of the invoice too, showing that they kept it 7 days for 0.6 hours of work.

Though it's tempting to do this :wtcslap you're right to hold your temper and attack this in a business manner. You may want to also contact the local Better Business Bureau. I'm not sure they could help much, but it would be good to have it on record.

BTW... does any of your local television stations have an investigative reporter that does stories on situations like this? Just a thought. :naughty:

:wJane Ann

I would be VERY upset about the initial damage, however cut them some slack regarding the repairs. Good paint work CAN'T be turned around in just a day or two...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom