Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Has Anyone Done The MSD Atomic EFI TB Mod.??

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
Just curious if anyone here done the MSD Atomic EFI TB Install? I did mine about 6 months ago and it has put a Big Smile on My Face when I turn the key. My mod included an EFI Midyear fuel tank from Tanks Inc. as I a running a return fuel system on my 65 BB 502.

I am Extremely Impressed knowing now I should have done this along time ago. The drivability is amazing. Being able to push a few buttons and control A/F ratio's and timing as well as pump squirt and power vale changes along with everything else that goes along with tuning.

Just pull over and punch a few buttons to make any changes and away you go.... :thumb

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 126
I've read tests on this unit and it sounds like a great mod. It sure look good. It may not be a big issue on that 502 but how is the mileage compared to before?

Tom

I've read tests on this unit and it sounds like a great mod. It sure look good. It may not be a big issue on that 502 but how is the mileage compared to before?

Tom

Hey Tom...Milage is about 1-2 MPG better on the 502, but you must keep in mind that this is a Throttle Body system using your intake set up. It will vary on different size motors in the Plus range. The small blocks will show much better then BB's.

But the Mod was done for Better Drivability and ease of adjustment when the weather or Altitude changes. Unlike a carb that requires disassembly for Power Vale Pump squirt and Jet changes to slove year round changes, the MSD does this with the programer..Here's a Cell Phone Video in and out of focus..(Sorry About That) that shows some of the items going on.

Also once your settings are entered and you have gotten to the point where the Vette runs good you then add the timing control which requires no more adjustments as the timing changes for different A/F and Temp's as you drive.

Remember..the exhaust gas is being sampled 24 times a second which tells the computer how much fuel and air to mix and the load on the driveline. In other words ..it's just like your current new car. Nothing to adjust...just turn the key with out depressing the go pedal and drive off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em7UxJd3ju0

If your interested in MPG then a More expensive way to go would be Port injection which would cost you and arm and a leg. Their are plenty out there but require major wiring and motor disassembly to change the intake.

The MSD is an 8 wire connection... that's it plus the install of a "Bung" in the exhaust for the 02 Senser.

http://www.msdperformance.com/AtomicEFI/AtomicInstallationVideo.aspx

Attachments

• DSC04616.jpg
    DSC04616.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC04619.jpg
    DSC04619.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 128
Very interesting. I'd be watching the readout instead of the road.

Tom

Very interesting. I'd be watching the readout instead of the road.

Tom

LMAO... I did that for the first 1/2 hour of hook up of the unit on the test drive. Once I knew things were fine I told myself to drive the car and stop looking at the display or I'd end up in the newspaper's shown driving into a wall or the back of an 18 wheeler.

You don't even need it connected once your up and running.. It has no function other then to review or change settings. Most people mount them so they can make a quick change on the fly after pulling over.

My friend set's his for 15.1 A/F for cruise for long trips to get more MPG's. Then goes back to his normal setting. I can't lie..I have been playing it like a Keyboard changing PV and P squirt and advance cures and idol and other items just seeing what happens...

Fricken amazing:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom