Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Has anyone noted the styling similarities between C7 and F12?

Low drag - High speed

Corvette
1995 and 1984 Red Coupes and grey 2007 GMC Sierra
Forgive me if this has been previously discussed, but my eyes see a lot of this Ferrari in the C7. Note the snake eyes, hood vent, ducktail, roof and side window lines, rear window treatment and especially the side coves ... and front-mounted engine.

I could be off the mark, but didn't the F12 appear well before the C7?

Just sayin' ... F12vsC7.jpg

Definately some simularities that I can see......which in my book ain't all bad.......and a hell of a lot cheaper.......:thumb

Forgive me if this has been previously discussed, but my eyes see a lot of this Ferrari in the C7. Note the snake eyes, hood vent, ducktail, roof and side window lines, rear window treatment and especially the side coves ... and front-mounted engine.

I could be off the mark, but didn't the F12 appear well before the C7?

Just sayin' ... View attachment 16557

That was my impression when I first saw it too, Ferrari plagiarisms except for the tail lights. Like Huskerman said though, not a bad vehicle to copy. Beats the hell out of the tail light design.......:)

Wish I could afford an F12. Since I can't, Corvette is my choice.

They look very similar.
Need to see convertible side by side. :w

I wish I was "poor" enough to afford a C7

I'd say we have a concensus here ... there is a strong resemblance but who gives a darn. ;LOL

C7 Design

I am new to Corvettes, but I have always been a sports car fan. 1st one was an Austin-Healey 106. I have been a fan of European sports cars and have several had different ones over the years. My favorite just to drive for fun has been the diminutive Mini Cooper, a street legal go kart. I have always liked American muscle as well and the new Corvette finally won me over with its design and performance. I was seriously considering another MB SLK 55 AMG, but the new Corvette convinced me to switch, and I do like the new taillights! Not being an old school 'Vette fanatical purist may have something to do with it. Time will tell as I have not had enough time in the new toy to truly evaluate it due to the lousy winter weather, but I am looking forward to a long, and enjoyable relationship. The Corvette will never be a track car for me as I have the Mini for that, but I like the attention it gets on the road. A lot of thumbs up and kids pointing it out to other kids and parents. I am still getting used to the wonderful sound of a big V8 with tuned exhausts, but I love it so far.

I am new to Corvettes, but I have always been a sports car fan. 1st one was an Austin-Healey 106. I have been a fan of European sports cars and have several had different ones over the years. My favorite just to drive for fun has been the diminutive Mini Cooper, a street legal go kart. I have always liked American muscle as well and the new Corvette finally won me over with its design and performance. I was seriously considering another MB SLK 55 AMG, but the new Corvette convinced me to switch, and I do like the new taillights! Not being an old school 'Vette fanatical purist may have something to do with it. Time will tell as I have not had enough time in the new toy to truly evaluate it due to the lousy winter weather, but I am looking forward to a long, and enjoyable relationship. The Corvette will never be a track car for me as I have the Mini for that, but I like the attention it gets on the road. A lot of thumbs up and kids pointing it out to other kids and parents. I am still getting used to the wonderful sound of a big V8 with tuned exhausts, but I love it so far.

Glad you like your new toy Flyboy.....I think you are just the type that GM is trying to get into the fold......and I am an old Vette fanatic being on my 9th or 10th but I also like the taillights....now mid engine I won't be for.....for Corvettes the engine goes in the front.......Congrats again and enjoy yourC7......someday I hope to have one also........

A little off topic, but ...

..I was just wondering if you are a pilot, Flyboy. I was a chopper jock in the Army long time ago. Vietnam and all that.

And congrats on the C7. That's the same color I prefer off the new Stingray swatch panel. I've had a few sporty rides over the years, too, like an MGA, Austin Healy 3000, Bugeye Sprite, Spitfire drop top and three Corvettes. I won't get into the bikes and musclecars, but out of everything, I loved the Corvettes best.

You will too, my friend. :thumb

..I was just wondering if you are a pilot, Flyboy. I was a chopper jock in the Army long time ago. Vietnam and all that.

And congrats on the C7. That's the same color I prefer off the new Stingray swatch panel. I've had a few sporty rides over the years, too, like an MGA, Austin Healy 3000, Bugeye Sprite, Spitfire drop top and three Corvettes. I won't get into the bikes and musclecars, but out of everything, I loved the Corvettes best.

You will too, my friend. :thumb

Yes, flew in the Air Force 1971-74, recon. Experimental flyer now, but a slow STOL and fly it from basically my backyard. 1st Corvette, but a long history of sporty and sports cars over the years. So far I love the Corvette, but due to the crappy weather very little seat time. I had my first ride in a Ferrari in 1967 a 330. I still would like to have one, but it isn't going to happen, I would also love to have a P-51D, but that won't happen either. 1st ride in a chopper was on a rope beneath a Cobra, simulated combat rescue.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom