Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Has anyone paid sticker yet?

Not me, in fact, this me at the dealership...:booty

Paid over sticker, BUT, when you've had as many Corvettes as I've had and you think this may be the last one, why not go out with the best yet?

No regrets.

I was "offered sticker." I tried to get $2,000 off. You should have seen their faces! I ended up paying sticker! (Oh,well!) It's a nice car but I'd never pay over sticker for any car. (Never have,never will.)

If can ever find one at sticker I am all over it.I have been told as cheap as 5k over and as much as 20k over.I may have a deal for 2500 over.

Here in Honolulu, there are dealers that will let them go at MSRP but you're on a waiting list. Did that today, $1000 down, sit down, shut up and don't call us, we'll call you sorta thing. Other dealers are selling latest model Z's for $110,000 off the showroom floor and people are still buyin' 'em. They can't even keep 'em on the floor for too long, that's how hot they are! Well whatever, I'm willin' ta' wait and wait I will! Hope to be talkin' to you guys in the future. In the meantime I'll just keep readin' these threads and enjoying my '02 Z06.

List to this I have been looking for a new zo6,but because of price's dealers get I haven't.Well I found this deal

2006 zo6

black/red leather
1lz package,upgraded stereo
polished wheels
with only 2500 miles

price 65,000

I am a crazy if I don't buy this thing

That sounds like a fair deal. Not outstanding, but fair. Can you tell us why he's sellin'? And if it's got an extended warranty be sure you get on board that thing. I get the feeling he got in over his head...and wants out.

I bought it for 60k.

I don't really know the story,I was told he had to sell it quick,So I offered 60k for it,Just to see if he would take he told them yes,No ext warrenty,which is ok I plan to mod it a little.

Right on rocket22, now that's what I'm talkin' about! So...what kind of mods were you thinking of doing in the future?

Well I feel really lucky because this fell in lap.Thanks to a buddy.

Mods,bolt-ons for now ,headers, exhaust,etc.I want to cam it,but will most likely wait till it's out of warranty.

O.K., all sounds good for now. Guess I'm just gonna have'ta wait for mine. Is this your first Z06? Could you give us some of your impressions/comparisons of the vehicle?

No this is my 3rd z06.

01 blk/blk
03 blk/blk head/cam,nos,exhaust,gears was damn fast.

Sold the 03 for a new 06 zo6,but when the car came,and the dealer noticed everyone else was selling for 10g over msrp.He screwed me on the price so I told him keep it I wasn't paying 10g more.I have been looking for one ever since.

This is my 10th vette,I can't remember.I have a 69 vette to right now along with a stable full of cars.

I was at my kids soccer game and a guy was there with a new z06 aready cammed it sound killer.So I may jump righton the mod's My 03 had 200 miles when I cammed it.

Impressions,The BEST vette I have driven,I had a callaway and this car run as well if not better.I had it out this morning and it handles real well,Really in stock form these are killer cars,and don't need anything.But I have a HP sickness,I can't get enough,My street rod has a 706 BBC in it.

Thank you rocket22. To read that it's right up there with a Callaway is most encouraging. You say that it handles well but does it ride stiffer than your '03 Z? Is it comfortable? I've only sat inside a C6 at the dealer so clueless here.

My 03 when I sold it had full coil overs on it and very firm race car feeling,I don't really recall how it rode stock.This car handle and rides close to my 03.

Paid MSRP.......my 4th Z06 from the same dealer.............2006 VR/Nav/Polished wheels

Just remember, it's like anything else. When the cars first come out, they'll go for well over MSRP. Once the demand and supply balance out, they'll be at MSRP. When the new "Blue Devil" comes out, they'll be discounted (at some point down to invoice).

All depends on how much you have to be "the first guy on the block", and what it's worth to you.

YMMV.

Just remember, it's like anything else. When the cars first come out, they'll go for well over MSRP. Once the demand and supply balance out, they'll be at MSRP. When the new "Blue Devil" comes out, they'll be discounted (at some point down to invoice).

All depends on how much you have to be "the first guy on the block", and what it's worth to you.

YMMV.

Does anyone truly believe that "when the new "Blue Devil" comes out they'll be discounted"? I for one do not, considering the projected price ($100k+) and limited availability (one/dealer) of the "Blue Devil".

Sorry; I didn't write clearly. When I said "discounted", I was referring to the Z06, not the Blue Devil. What I meant was that when the newest hot thing (Blue Devil) comes out, the Z06 will no longer be perceived to be worth MSRP or more.

Mea culpa.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom