Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hatch Vent Options ??

Corvette-Pilot

Corvette
1994 Black Rose Coupe
Below are 2 hatch vent devices in the Mid America catalog.
What experiences and/or opinions do you guys have on these??
I want to get one but can't tell from the ad much about them

All opions appreciated

www.madvet.com part numbers 600-298 & 300.
http://www.madvet.com/-/shop?frame=1.772

600300.jpg
fr772.jpg

I'm not familiar with either of these, but I have one that is bolted on with the roof ratchet and I like it a lot. Wish I could tell you where you could get one, but I bought it from a forum member. They're nice in the right weather :w

I have one like the one on the left. Haven't had any problems with it, and you can install it or take it off in 5 to 10 seconds.

I bought the 600-298 model from Mid America over a year ago and have been happy with how it works. BUT, I would not purchase this exact model again. I don't know who offers it but there is a similar hatch vent that you can use the roof wrench on. The Mid America model you listed requires a different wrench. Although it is included, I would like one less tool to keep track of.

The function of allowing air to pass through and not hammer against the rear window is noticeable. The turbulence and noise are reduced. I like it!

Jeff

The hatch vent really works, but I believe I'd use mine more if it was the quick release model. I really, really wished I'd spend the extra 10 bucks the night a mountain road completely hid a downpour. By the time I got to a pulloff, got the roof on and the hatch vent unbolted I was soaked. Needless to say, the co-pilot was a wet, mad woman!!! IMHO go for that twist-on model!

I have the model that attaches with the roof ratchet and am happy with it for highway cruising. On a rough road there is a lot of noise from the hatch bouncing around, since it isn't pulled down on the seals.

To speed up the top/hatch vent removal/replacement process, I use a battery operated screwdriver with a Torx bit installed. It may take a bit of looking to find a bit that will fit the screwdriver and is long enough to reach the top front screws, but it is certainly worth it when trying to beat the rain.

I have the one pictured on the left. It is great and quick on and off, only problem I have had is the post that contacts the switch was a little off one time and the inside light would not turn off until I fiddled with it a while.

I just received the vent latch from Corvette Gadget Man, looks pretty good. And it was only like $25-30. :beer

Oliver

Moonunit 451 said:
I'm not familiar with either of these, but I have one that is bolted on with the roof ratchet and I like it a lot. Wish I could tell you where you could get one, but I bought it from a forum member. They're nice in the right weather :w
I got one like that from Zip Products. I like it very much. it is robust.

I got a ratchet screwdriver from Sears that had a narrow shaft and a T40 bit. It is fast, compact, and has lots of other bits, too. Unfortunately, it says Harley-Davidson instead of Corvette on the handle. Regardless, it was only 5 bucks and works really well.

I got the one on the left it's simple and only takes about 3 sec to put on or remove. if you look inside the shaft there is a philips screw to adjust it.

Hey Jon what the heck do you do to the hatch with those, awe forget it I don't want to know.

I was at a show looking at the Corvette gadgetmans hatch prop and did not like it, it is cheaper, but then the post is made of wood and it uses as cheap thumbscrew to tighten it.

I bought the one that uses the roof tool from CC and it great looks and feels solid.

Mart

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom