Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Have C5 prices bottomed out yet?

CROOZ1N

Corvette
1993 Torch red coupe
Specifically 01-02 Z06 model.
Ive seen them around 22k and a couple on E bay go for 20K.
Just wondering if there is still some more decline before the prices level off for a while.

I'd say it's somewhat stable, they will continually to fall but nothing drastic...

25hpgjn.jpg

2rz8gfr.jpg

:lou
Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

I've been looking a lot on Craigs List & Auto Trader. They have realistic prices posted there. I found the higher the mileage the lower the price even on clean cars. I just found a 2001 Roadster with 43k mile on it. I bought it for $20,500. It had bald tires, but other wise really clean and well taken care of. I saw some Vettes go for $25,000 and as high as $32,000 with 10K miles on them or less. My price range was between $20,000 to $23,000, and there was a lo to choose from.

I believe it was a little over a year ago when '03 Z06's with low/moderate mileage were selling for $36k-$38k. Today, you can get one for $28k-$30k. I think that depreciation is huge.

I would never but a new Corvette, unless I was loaded and didn't care. It's too big a loss for a little guy like me. When they get in the 20's everybody can afford one.

I would never but a new Corvette, unless I was loaded and didn't care. It's too big a loss for a little guy like me. When they get in the 20's everybody can afford one.
I bought mine new in 2004 and got $14K off MSRP so it isn't as big of a "loss" to me as some people complain about. If you buy it for an investment you can always consider it a "loss".Its not a loss if you are going to keep it like I intend to do:thumb

I bought mine new in 2004 and got $14K off MSRP so it isn't as big of a "loss" to me as some people complain about. If you buy it for an investment you can always consider it a "loss".Its not a loss if you are going to keep it like I intend to do:thumb
Good price. That would change my mind. :upthumbs

Good price. That would change my mind. :upthumbs

Yep...it was the last of the C5s and Kerbeck Corvette in Atlantic City was selling hundreds of '04s at huge discounts ...the closer to the end the more the discounts were...I think they started with $9K off MSRP and at the end some people got $15K+ off...the more they sold the more allotment of C6s they got...it was incredible:beer

I bought my 00 in 03. Has every option except adjustable ride. Coupe. Pewter. Had 7K on it then. Now I have 50K on it. Nice Car.

I certainly hope that they have bottomed out....but I doubt it.

Forget the price's that you see!!!!!!!!!!!

Every vette is different and cared for differently! If the color is right and the equipment is right and the mileage and condition is right then the price
should reflect it.

Some people don't care about the mileage or if the color is not their first or second choice and it's all about price.

You get what you pay for and there are not steals out there and the only steals are in the mind period.

If price is the main factor then you probably shouldn't be buying one because you can't afford to own one or go back further so that you have $ to fix what is needed.

As far as l am concerned is if the vette is not in 100% condition, then l don't want it while l have seen beater's where l wouldn't even sit in it.

To each his own!

The right price is the amount that you think it's worth. As far as buying at a dealer ?????????

There is a red 04 coupe-nice in Naples for 21.000-loaded!I think thats a good price,right?But then what is my 02 worth?

Every vette is different and cared for differently! If the color is right and the equipment is right and the mileage and condition is right then the price
should reflect it.

Some people don't care about the mileage or if the color is not their first or second choice and it's all about price.

You get what you pay for and there are not steals out there and the only steals are in the mind period.

If price is the main factor then you probably shouldn't be buying one because you can't afford to own one or go back further so that you have $ to fix what is needed.

As far as l am concerned is if the vette is not in 100% condition, then l don't want it while l have seen beater's where l wouldn't even sit in it.

To each his own!

The right price is the amount that you think it's worth. As far as buying at a dealer ?????????

iagree.gif
iagree.gif
iagree.gif

Thats Exactly Right!!
I've been seeing Rag C5's,100,000+ miles,body and paint worked to death and show it,Flashing warnings in the DIC,Beat down Interiors,Ragged Rubbers,missing screws and bolts selling for $9500- 12,500 at the auto auctions!!:thumb But I've also been seeing NICE Tits Up cars fetching damned near Extra Clean NADA Retail at the dealers auctions too!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Most are,But Not All Dealers are the same!!:thumb
If I have one up for sale,You get a Nice,Meticulously Inspected and Serviced vehicle by me personally Bumper to Bumper!!:thumb
Every one has been Road Tested at least 1000 miles,Some even as many as 3500-5000 or more if I really like them,Besides it keeps the miles down on my personal cars!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

it's the economy. You have to look at who will buy. They just dont have the cash or finance capacity.
The c5's are down and yet the C4's are sometimes asking as much. Obviously they dont realize the war is over.
They cn use all the adjectives they want it will not change the fact that ALL cars are a hard sell now and for quite some time.
If we get "health care" and "cap/trade" your Vette will be worth ZERO!!!
Spend your money on dominoes!!

Got this last weekend for $18K with 17K original miles.

Sure, there are many FRC's around the country with 40K miles for $15K...but...

I'm willing to pay more for a local, pristine, low mileage example with tasteful mods.

12-5-09016.jpg

There's some great deals out there. You just have to look hard for them. Always check Carfax before you buy.

I got a similar deal. I got my '04 from one of those super dealers. He said he had about 60 Vettes in stock and had to get rid of them to make room for the C6's.:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom