Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Have C5 prices bottomed out yet?

INDY festival car

I have an INDY festival car #19 with less than 7K on her. I hope that the INDY heritage helps hold the value a little more ??? I have had no luck selling in the lower 30K range

I bought a 1998 6 speed with 32,500 miles for $10,000 flat. The guy I bought it from needed money for his dragster and his wife cut him off. He had already put K&N ram air, full exhaust, roller rockers, fast intake with a Granitelli (not sure if that's spelled right) throttle body, aftermarket hood, and a 150 shot NOS on the car. I'm not running the nitrous as it seems too hard on the car. I had to buy 2 new tires for the back after I got it, so I guess that should be included in the price. Arrest me red and hauls ass!

2001 TR z06 67900 miles - mint paint, new tires, almost new interior, loaded, still bone stock. 20k on 5dec2009

2001 quicksilver coupe 39,000 miles, fell in love with it when I saw. Bought it for $20,400
silver1

Its a Vette !!!! I cant see waiting for the price to drop. Everyday you wait, is a day out of the seat!!!!! Stop being a miser and buy your Vette. If price is that much of an issue, maybe a Vette isnt for you. I say that with no disrespect.

Its a Vette !!!! I cant see waiting for the price to drop. Everyday you wait, is a day out of the seat!!!!! Stop being a miser and buy your Vette. If price is that much of an issue, maybe a Vette isnt for you. I say that with no disrespect.

Only if I had your money.

The only way to figure a value is to list the options, miles and condition not to mention vert coupe frc Z. And of course colors.

What about the interior, exterior and tires. I could go on and on and what about who drove it.
So to say that somebody bought a particular vette for such and such price is meaningless.

As far as l am concerned if it's not pristine by a vette nut with under 20,000 miles it's meaningless to me and only myself.

I have seen C5's that looked awesome on the outside but remember them in earlier posts discussing taking off their mods and turning back to stock.

Believe me nobody buys something unless they think that they have a deal. Surprise surprise there are no real deals out there.

The deals are all "mental masturbation"

You want to buy a new Vette when GM puts the big rebate or discount on them and the dealer's are willing to sell at invoice. Late 2004 C5s had this deal.

If I was looking for a great deal on a C5, I would be looking at the 2003 or 2004 models as they improved the C5 every year it was made.

I only buy new vehicles and sell/trade them immediately when they have their first significant problem as every time I have kept a vehicle that had a significant problem, it continued to have more and more significant and expensive problems at an increasingly rapid rate. I usually found out later that the problem was caused by some major design or engineering fault the manufacturer was aware of but never recalled and fixed. The automatic transmission GM matched to the 350 V8 in 1982 for example that had a shaft inside too small to bear the torque put out by the 350; thus, repeated and expensive transmission failures with no end.

The only certain way to win at economics is to buy low. Now is the time to buy, especially tangible items.

Prices will go back up and the dollar will weaken in value which will make prices even higher.

I love it when the stock market goes down - that's when I buy. The trick is to sell when prices go up and not get too greedy. There's an old saying that is absolutely true - "pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered". I bought when the market fell in October 2008 and again in March 2009 and have nearly tripled my investments in the past year.

It takes tremendous discipline to sell when prices are high and rising and buy when prices are low and falling, but it works 100% of the time.

The only time this won't work is when everything goes to hell, like maybe in 2012, if the world ends as predicted. Pessimism is certain to lose.

Got this last weekend for $18K with 17K original miles.

Sure, there are many FRC's around the country with 40K miles for $15K...but...

I'm willing to pay more for a local, pristine, low mileage example with tasteful mods.

12-5-09016.jpg

You did very well and you have a better vette then the one with 40,000 miles.

Enjoy

A Vin # check is probably just as important as a carfax and a carfax is only as good as what was picked up by them.

No truer words have been spoken

Got this last weekend for $18K with 17K original miles.

Sure, there are many FRC's around the country with 40K miles for $15K...but...

I'm willing to pay more for a local, pristine, low mileage example with tasteful mods.

12-5-09016.jpg

Great find. :thumb:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom