Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Hazzard switch replacement(an easier way?)

2K01VET

Corvette
2001 Coupe
Thanks to this site I have figured out my blinker issue. I have a 2001. Is there an easier way to replace it with out pulling the dash apart? Thanks for any help.

Thanks to this site I have figured out my blinker issue. I have a 2001. Is there an easier way to replace it with out pulling the dash apart? Thanks for any help.
I wished there was,I've threatened to use a hatchet!!:L:L:L
But after you've changed out 5-6 they aren't too bad!!

I bypassed my OE flasher with an EL12 electronic flasher when I was messing around with some LED tail lights. I tapped into the flasher wire harness below the steering wheel (right hand side).

I don't know if this applies to your problem, but if you are having issues with the OE flasher, this small mod works great.

CG

The hyper-flash bypass cable sold by Corvette Enhancements is another way to avoid replacing the hazard switch. Basically, it re-routes the turn signal circuit around the hazard switch which then makes the turn signals work without having to replace the hazard switch.

Hi,

i would like to buy the bypass from Corvette Enhancements but got just a white page when i go to the homepage.

Does the company no longer exist?
Thanks for your help.

Looks like it never went anywhere to me. Click here.

Yea, it's working. Try this link. It is directly to the harness. Or you could always call, write or email Richard. Here is his contact information:

Corvette Enhancements
P.O. Box 3240
Big Bear City, CA 92314

UPS/Fed-Ex:
Corvette Enhancements
500 West Meadow Lane
Big Bear City, CA 92314

Phone: 800-946-4929

Email: corvette_enhancements@yahoo.com

Yea, it's working. Try this link. It is directly to the harness. Or you could always call, write or email Richard. Here is his contact information:

Corvette Enhancements
P.O. Box 3240
Big Bear City, CA 92314

UPS/Fed-Ex:
Corvette Enhancements
500 West Meadow Lane
Big Bear City, CA 92314

Phone: 800-946-4929

Email: corvette_enhancements@yahoo.com
After all this trouble you could have done it the way I suggested - for $13!!

CG

After all this trouble you could have done it the way I suggested - for $13!!

CG

The problem is that the person asking the question may be like me. I can't follow instructions when working on a car unless those instructions are step by step and picture driven. Just posting up words leave me scratching my head in some cases (this being on of them). Not all of us are mechanics and thus, "working on cars for dummies" is a book we would buy.

That's exactly why all my write up instructions look like this. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom