Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HD Idea - Crazy?

trackitman

Corvette
1992 Convertible White 6 sp
When I purchased a Harley a few years back, my neighbor showed me how to drill out the pipes to give it a nice, rice deep sound at idle, and that patented HD growl at full throttle.

I know this sounds crazy, but has anyone applied the same technique to a stock LT1 exhaust? I just shined a flashlite down the pipe tonight and it seems very possible. In fact, the back interior plate appears to be in line with where the ehaust enters the muffler. With it drilled out, It would act as straight exhaust.

It's ok it you call me crazy.

:crazy :crazy :crazy

I don't think you will get the same exact effect on the Vette due to the chambers and insulation material in the muffler. It may end up sounding really bad as pressure tries to escape from both ends so to speak.

The cool thing about the Vette is you can buy a new rear Y pipe and aftermarket mufflers. Simply bolt the new exhaust in place and viola....you are rumbling. Get tired of it, and just bolt the stock Y pipe back on with the stock mufflers.

I assume you are just drilling inside the muffler... basically making a hole inside to let exhaust come straight out... I assume it would work... quieter than straight pipe, but much louder than factory... I should have tried that before I put in the straight pipe... I threw out the mufflers anyway

harley pipes

i THOUGHT OF THE SAME THING A FEW TIMES BUT NEVER TRIED IT.

I thought of the same thing but never tried it. You could try it and let us know. If it doesn't work just buy new mufflers which do sound the way you want. If you take the stock ones off for new ones you will probably just throw them away anyway.

Let us know what you find out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom