Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Head lights coming up at different time

MR. T.

Corvette
1977 Light Blue
Okay I have replaced the headlight switch and re-built the right actuator. They both come up now, but the left one arives at its final destination about a second before the right is this normal, or is there something else to be done.

One second delay was normal for mine. I'm was used to the "clunk"...then "clunk" again as the 2nd light pops up. The driver's always is last to go up or down. Recently the left refused to budge until I get out, do a Fonzie on it... then it moves.

Since I've replaced everything over the years, I now suspect the hoses somewhere has a vacuum leak so I've gotten a hose replacement kit off Ebay for $49.00 AND just to cover my bases (since I replacing my radiator soon and have everything opened up,) a spring rebuild kit for $89 also off Ebay.

Good luck!:w

Well after some looking the whole thing over, in particular around the regulators, I found that the line to the acuator was pinched at a 90 and once i forced it be somehat straight, and my wife activated the lights, bang right on time. I turned the hose 180 and works like a charm, but the hose has been like that for some time and will be replaced once I order the parts. Thanks for the advise and getting me pointed in the right direction.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom