Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Head liner for Glass Top

1995 RedVette

Corvette
1995 Red Coupe *Sold* 1997 Silver Coupe *Sold*
I live in South Carolina, where the summers can get quite hot and humid. I have been tring to find a painted top for my red 95 however with no luck (either the wrong color or complete brain damage over the price). I was wondering if anyone has tried one of the pressure fit headliners from either MidAmerica or Corvette America? The add states that the headliner pops in and out with a set of clips (no velco). Was wondering if it is a good alternative to spending several hundred dollars on a painted top.

Brett

1995RedVette just bought see thru top shade Midamerica 602-162. Came in yesterday willinstall this weekend. Noticed heat buidup myself this weekend swithced to hard top and found less head room. am 6'4". so opted for thin film sunsreen.Will let you know how it works out. only $25.00. So no big deal if it does not work out. Bruce

I bought one of the see thru ones from mid america last year and am still amazed at the improvement. You can still see ouit pretty well but the drop in interior temps is incredible. I love mine. I have had it on for over a year and a half and have had no problems.

Thanks tkrphxr makes me feel better about purchase already. Any probs with installation.

Nope it just takes a little time to work the air bubbles out. Fit was excellent. I think you will be really pleased.

Btw to tkrphxr how are things in beautiful downtown Knoxville these days. Pounded down a few at Regis and Hoorays in my time not to mention Calhouns. Nothing like the bars along Kingston Pike on a football weekend either.

I knew a guy that had a '85 red coupe... he had a black painted roof on it. It looked just like the glass top to me. I only noticed it wasn't when I tried to look out from the inside. Just another option if you can't find a red top.

I have both tops for my 'vette... I use the painted roof 85% (or more) of the time. Not only does it keep the car cooler, it feels stronger and makes the car feel tighter.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom