Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Header Installation

For a 4 speed???

Im Installing these exact headers on my vette right now. The right side went on like a dream. however, Im having a hard time getting the left side around the clutch linkage that attaches to the block. I have already removed the dipstick and the spark plugs.

Does anyone know if this needs to be removed before I can get them in? Ive tried from the top and bottom.

Its a 71 if that makes any difference

dshanks said:
Im Installing these exact headers on my vette right now. The right side went on like a dream. however, Im having a hard time getting the left side around the clutch linkage that attaches to the block. I have already removed the dipstick and the spark plugs.

Does anyone know if this needs to be removed before I can get them in? Ive tried from the top and bottom.

Its a 71 if that makes any difference

I also have the Dynomax ceramic coated headers. I believe installation for the 71 is the same as the 69.

The right side installation was also a breeze for me. For the left side, I had to remove the clutch z-bar and linkage.... came up from the bottom, and installed them without a problem.

I also used Percy's dead-soft aluminum gaskets for the headers and collectors; and Stage 8 locking-clip bolts. I'm pleased with the look and performance of this setup.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom