Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Header Selection

N

nolessthanblessed

Howdy, looking to add some long tube headers to my 92 ZR. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks...God Bless...

Welcome to the :CAC
I've got 2" Watsons on my car but I believe they don't make those anymore. A good friend of mine recently installed a very nice set from Lingenfelter. I know they're not cheap though.

Jay

Email Steve Tarquine sstzr1@msn.com

895 plus shipping, which is typically around 50 bucks.

Here is a set that has been coated.

headers.jpg

ccheaders002.jpg

Welcome.

There are a few people who make headers for the cars. Jeal makes them but they are $$$, I think LPE does and a few others. I will look for more info. check out the ZR1.net web site and sign up for the e-mail list and ask there.

Good luck with your Z.

the jeals are getting hard to get tool. the SS Works
"Alspaugh" headers are very nice and much cheaper.

steve has a couple of sets in stock. very nice product.

Yesterday I saw a set of the Stainless Works on a friend of mines 91ZR-1. They cost him 895.00. They looked great. He told me that installing the drivers side was a piece of cake. However the passengerv side was difficult. The inner fender well must be removes and the "s" pipe extention for that side does not fit correctly and must be cut to fit and then some slight welding. He gained about 27hp on the dyno.

Thanks and God bless you also and Merry Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

This has been covered many times on the ZR-1 discussion section of the Corvette Forum; I will go over it once again on this board. The original version of the "Alspaugh" header had an s-tube that was made universal for all the aftermarket exhaust systems for the ZR-1. It was made slightly longer than was needed because it's easier to cut pipe off vs. trying to weld additional pipe in. The bend on the original version was correct, you just had to cut some material off the s-tube to make it fit. Again, this was a precautionary measure. Most people didn't have any problems at all but very few did.

The s-tube has since been re-designed and it's as close to a true bolt on header as can be made. A person needs to understand that no header, especially one made in such small batches as the ones for the LT5, are going to be 100% bolt-on; it just isn't going to happen. That being said, these headers are of fantastic quality and are significantly cheaper than the 'Jeal' versions some have mentioned. Please email me at usa_won@yahoo.com with any additional questions.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom