Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlamp Motor replacement

Epimax

Corvette
1993 Arctic White Coupe
Good Morning!

Has anyone used the Cardone headlamp motor from Advance Auto Parts?
I've got a bad headlamp motor on my 93LT1, and wanted to see if anyone has tried this replacement part. It's about 50 bucks less than what's available at Ecklers, and has the same warranty.

Thanks!:beer

Isn't Cardone their in-house brand?

I think I have used other parts in the past with no issues.

Thought I would give you a bump here.

SAVE THE :w

Good Morning!

Has anyone used the Cardone headlamp motor from Advance Auto Parts?
I've got a bad headlamp motor on my 93LT1, and wanted to see if anyone has tried this replacement part. It's about 50 bucks less than what's available at Ecklers, and has the same warranty.

Thanks!:beer
Cardone makes decent replacement parts,there sold at allot of parts stores!!If your motor bad or just the bushings??;shrug:upthumbs

Isn't Cardone their in-house brand?

I think I have used other parts in the past with no issues.

Thought I would give you a bump here.

SAVE THE :w
[/quote

Thanks! I think I'll give it a try and see how it works!:beer

Cardone makes decent replacement parts,there sold at allot of parts stores!!If your motor bad or just the bushings??;shrug:upthumbs

Thank you! I think I'm going to give it a try and see how it works. I do believe it's the motor because I've checked the fuses and the headlamp motor actuator, and everything seems fine there. When I turn on the lamps, it's not making any noise or moving at all....;shrug We'll see....hopefully, this will fix it...if not, there must be other issues! :beer

Thank you! I think I'm going to give it a try and see how it works. I do believe it's the motor because I've checked the fuses and the headlamp motor actuator, and everything seems fine there. When I turn on the lamps, it's not making any noise or moving at all....;shrug We'll see....hopefully, this will fix it...if not, there must be other issues! :beer
Very well could be the relays!! I've seen a bad Headlamp module do this!! It's purdy common,I keep a spare around here for test purposes!! Use a test light and see if it is even getting power to the H.L motor!!:upthumbs

Very well could be the relays!! I've seen a bad Headlamp module do this!! It's purdy common,I keep a spare around here for test purposes!! Use a test light and see if it is even getting power to the H.L motor!!:upthumbs

Will do! Thanks for the tip!!:)

Quick Question (Please forgive my ignorance!)
Do I test for current using the multimeter at the headlamp door actuator itself, or at the suspect motor? If it needs to be tested at the motor, how?! The meter I've got (ok, just got it yesterday:D) has alligator clips with it, so do attach those to the pos/neg wires coming from the motor, or do I do something else?;shrug I'm fairly compotent with general repairs, replacing parts, etc, but I am at a total loss when it comes to this type of troubleshooting.....Thanks again for your help!:beer

Quick Question (Please forgive my ignorance!)
Do I test for current using the multimeter at the headlamp door actuator itself, or at the suspect motor? If it needs to be tested at the motor, how?! The meter I've got (ok, just got it yesterday:D) has alligator clips with it, so do attach those to the pos/neg wires coming from the motor, or do I do something else?;shrug I'm fairly compotent with general repairs, replacing parts, etc, but I am at a total loss when it comes to this type of troubleshooting.....Thanks again for your help!:beer
Do your motors have 2 or 3 wires?? What side is not working?? (Driver/Passenger);shrug I need to know!!:upthumbs

Do your motors have 2 or 3 wires?? What side is not working?? (Driver/Passenger);shrug I need to know!!:upthumbs

The motors have 2 wires, and it's the passenger side headlamp motor that isn't working. Thanks!!!:w

The motors have 2 wires, and it's the passenger side headlamp motor that isn't working. Thanks!!!:w

Ok,all you need is a Test Light!! The 2 wire motor system Just reverses the polarity!! On the top of the Right Marker Lamp will be a Flat plug with 5 wires,and there will be a Dark Blue and Light Blue wire!! Those are the ones you need,unplug it and take 2 short pieces of wire and stick them in the plug to hook your leads to the test lamp!! Then turn on the lights and the Test Light should Flash 1 time,turn them off and the test light should Flash 1 time!! If the doesn't flash 1 time turning on,or flash 1 time Turning off!! The Module is bad,if it does flash the motor is bad! I tried to catch the light flashing in the bottom photo,But I'm not fast enough!!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie :upthumbs

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

PS If the Relay Module is bad it's Located on the front of the Left Wheel Splash Shield!! Black Box with 2 wiring Plugs!!:upthumbs

attachment.php

Thank you so much for the detailed information and pictures!!!! This is a tremendous help! I'm going to work on it tonight, so I'll let you know what happens!
Thanks again!!!!

PS If the Relay Module is bad it's Located on the front of the Left Wheel Splash Shield!! Black Box with 2 wiring Plugs!!:upthumbs

Found the problem!! :):beer It's the relay module, not the motor! Going to order a replacement this morning!! Thank you again for your help!!

Junk is the man.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom