Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Headlight Dimmer Switch not working

EddieB

Corvette
1992 white convert
I have a 1992 white convert and the headlight dimmer switch isn't working also the turn signal arm seems to have a lot of play. I found some little springs on the floorboard on the drivers side. How is the best way to find the issue? I don't really want to pull the steering wheel if it can be avoided.
thank you any input

It's likely the multifunction switch has failed. You can replace that w/o pulling the steering wheel.

Do you have a Factory Service Manual?

No I don't have the factory service manual. I have only had the car about 6months

Headlight dimmer switch.....

Not sure if the 92 is the same as the 93 but I removed the knee bolster under the drivers side. There are two screws from I remember and a little tough to get at but are accessible for adjustment high beam....low beam. I remember the screws are not the same.....not sure if one is phillips and the other different but you can get at them. No need to remove anything else. Did this adjustment a long time ago and worked just fine to this day. As someone pointed out to me the info is in the FSM but got an answer here and a lot easier then I thought. Mine had a lot of play as well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom