Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Turn signals quit working

beachrod

Corvette
72 Stingray Convertible
I have a 1972 Corvette Convertible and recently the turn signals quit working however, the parking lights, hazard lights and brake lights all work fine. Here is what I've done so far: checked the fuse and voltage, replaced the turn signal flasher behind the passenger side dash panel, removed the steering column and replaced the turn signal switch and the ignition switch, replaced the harmonica connector on the dash wiring bundle to match the new turn signal connector, replaced all the bulbs and cleaned up all the sockets.

Do the turn lights not come on at all or come on and not flash? Did you try a new fuse? Sometimes they look good but aren't or did you check it with an ohm meter?

No, the turn lights don't come on at all and do not flash. I did not replace the fuse but checked it and have 12 v on both sides. There is 12v to the turn signal flasher and to the purple wire on the turn signal harmonica connector. However, when I activate the turn signal switch the 12 v goes to zero and nothing on either light blue or dark blue wires.

Sounds like a short someplace.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom