Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlight hoses 1984

robertha

Corvette
1984 coupe
I am getting close to putting my 84 Vet back together now but have an issue with the headlights. I hooked them up and they both worked fine for about 10 revolutions but now one is not working only part way. I looked, and the hoses are capped off and are very old and brittle. Two questions. where to get replacements and how are they routed on the car? Thanks for any info

Hi, I not too sure what hoses you refer too. C3 have vacuum hoses for headlight, but C4 is electrical. Can you clarify.

if there is no vaccum to the headlights then why would one of them hang up only after a short movement. I presumed that the vaccum lines comming out of the canister in the front of the vet were for the headlights.

Ok the hoses that connects to the canister have an input and output line that are attached to the left frame rail and are not in the head light system.

I have had my head light not coming up all the way a few times. For most of the time, it was caused by a screw holding the side bezel getting loose and out of the hole stopping the head light to come out because it was hitting the hood. Make sure nothing is stopping the head light to open.

If nothing (hardware) is stopping the head light to open, that might be the motor/gearing system.

thanks for the info. I think I will remove that headlight and take a close look at it and put it back on and see what happens. do you know what the small little male plastic connections are on the bottom of the headlights are? I just assumed the vaccum went to them. I feel like a real dumb ass.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom