Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlight Problem

T

Toms86

Hey everyone. I just registered and am in dire need of help on my 1986 hatch back.

Today after closing my hood, the motor on my right headlight started running even with the swithch off. I then turned the lights on and the motor stopped. Once again I turned off the headlights and the right headlite motor continued to run and made an terrible grinding noise. As I went to disconnect the light the motor stopped grinding and now just makes a clicking sound and will not roll the right headlight up.

What do I need to check and can (if needed) the motor be rebuilt?

Thanks,
Tom

Headlight Repair not so hard

Please go to corvetteforum.com and look under c-4 technical area. There are some good posts. I repaired mine (90 coupe) by buying some small plastic bushings from Ecklers for about $5.00 per motor and took about 3 hrs. ea. to repair. Alot cheaper than buying new ones. You can do it if I can. Really! If you have further questions please feel free to email me at dhoughton@earthlink.net

Happy headlights

marathoner

I'll lay odds its your bushings. Go to Home Depot and ask for item number 595609. You will need six of these nylon spacers to repair both headlights. They cost me .69 cents (plus tax) for a pack of three at my local Home Depot store.

Much cheaper than the $7.99 price in MAD, Eckler's and some of the other specialty catalogs and they are the exact same Delrin spacers. Go figure.

If there's a TechTips portal on this Forum search under "headlight bushings." If not, let me know and I'll see if I can get you a copy of the instructions I used when I replaced mine a couple of months ago.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom