Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

headlight removal

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
how do I get the complete headlight assemblies out of my 82, I see where they bolt to the bottom of the nose of the car but how do you actually get them out of there or does the front bumper & front frame extension need to come out to, also does anyone have a section of the front where the lights bolt up that there willing to let go cheap, doesn't need to be anywhere even close to nice condition just along as the lights will bolt up, Ive basically had it with the slowwwwww vacuum actuators and now I'm going to try and weld some brackets onto the existing ones and mount electric motors, has anyone here tried to make electric motors work and has anyone had any success, I have access to a heli-arc welder so making brackets fit isn't a problem, nor is wiring, as for originality the car is beyond worrying about how original it is, Im more interested in how it functions, if anyone's interested in the vacuum related stuff let me know.

thanks

I have the electric motors working on my car, and am in the very slow process of contacting and working with others to try to make them available for everybody.

Maybe there will be some news on this soon.

In any event, you need to remove the vacuum actuator. Unplug all the wires. Now, unbolt the four bolts. It is possible with the right twisting and turning to get the entire assembly up and out of the headlight hole. It comes out kind of sideways.

I like to put tape around the opening to keep from bumping or scratching the paint as it comes in and out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom