Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Headlight Replacement

bgall2

Corvette
1978 Silver Anniversary
I need to replace on of the headlights on my 78. Before I mess something up I need HELP. How do I get the headlight asembly to stay open/up while I work on it? I have read about a manual headlight switch...does this exist on my 78? I think I can get the bulb out...I just need help

You can either raise the headlight manually by reaching underneath and pushing upwards (with the engine off of course) or you can pull the override switch. This is under the driver's side dash, almost directly below the steering column. The engine will probably need to be running for the override switch to work.

Do I need to disconnect anything before I push up the light? Thanks, I will look for the switch under the dash and see if that works

Couldn't you just start the car, turn on the headlights, wait for them to pop up, and then turn the car off?

It works on my 1982.

Thanks for the info...I found the switch and will try it out today when I get home. IF the switch don't work I will push it up slowly...No, I tried just turning off the car but my lights stay on, and retract when I push in the switch. My 78 is hard to work on sometimes but well work the effort.

Couldn't you just start the car, turn on the headlights, wait for them to pop up, and then turn the car off?

It works on my 1982.

You guys are going to laugh at me for this. When I bought my Vette seven years ago I asked the owner about getting the headlights to go up when I turn on my lights. The guy said to pull the switch under the steering column when it's running then turn your lights on. That's how I've always done it. I never thought about just turning the headlights on and waiting to see what happens.;LOL
I guess I should have read the owners manual:duh
I can't wait to try it out now:chuckle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom