Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlight Runs Once

M

MBDiagMan

I just replaced the right headlight motor on my '88. It had fried big time and burned the small relay wire inside the module. I repaired the relay wires and put it all back together.

When I turn on the lights it runs the light once. If it's open it will close it, if it's closed it will open it. I manually turn to the opposite position and it turns once.

I suppose it's time for a module unless someone has seen this before and has a suggestion.

Thanks in advance for any experience you can share.

Have a great day,
Larry

Has anyone seen this before and do you have any suggestions? :CAC

Ken,

Thanks for toggling this along, but since I posted the question I managed to fix the problem.

When the headlight motor burned up it took two wires on the relay inside the headlight control module with it. I soldered in new wire and it's good as new now.

Thanks again,

I would suspect the module. Perhaps you missed something when you rebuilt it. You said that it had fried. That is seldom good. I bought a used but very sericeable module on Ebay about a year ago. It was very reasonable. You might try that. It didn't work for me, my motor was fried, but I believe in looking to the simplest things first and working towards the most expensive. A new headlight motor turned out to be around $250 (of course the rebuilt ones were out or stock). Good Luck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom