Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlight shake--remedy please

vee93

Corvette
1993 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic Coupe
:w all.
My left headlight has developed an annoying shake, vibration, wiggle---whatever it is, I'm sure it's bugging oncoming drivers too. The slightest imperfection in the road makes it worse.
I've checked everything thing pertaining to the headlight--everything checks out good and tight.
Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Thanky!
:Steer

You might consider swapping the headlights and see if the shake moves to the opposite side. It's possible that the filiment in the bulb is loose. If that's the case, the bulb won't last much longer anyway and your problem will solve itself. ;)

Could it be the bushing?

I've had a headlight shake, though I didn't feel it was very bad. At least it wasn't enough to annoy me. I don't drive at night very often. Anyway, I noticed that my passenger headlight wouldn't come up flush with the nosepiece anymore. It hung down about a 1/4". Shortly after that, the headlight wouldn't come up at all, it was completely unattached to the lifting mechanism. I had lost the bolt and bushing. (Have ordered the parts) Anyhow, perhaps you've lost the bushing and it is jiggling with road surface vibration?
Heidi

vee93 said:
:w all.
My left headlight has developed an annoying shake, vibration, wiggle---whatever it is, I'm sure it's bugging oncoming drivers too. The slightest imperfection in the road makes it worse.
I've checked everything thing pertaining to the headlight--everything checks out good and tight.
Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Thanky!
:Steer

The headlight bulb...., didn't check that. Didn't think of that. Gonna go check now. Thanks all!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom