Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlight switch issue

Tepot

Corvette
1974 Metalic Blue L-48 Coupe 4 speed
Did anybody had the same problem? I am installing a new headlight switch and decided to get the new headlight knob and rod, well turns out the darn rod is shorter than the on i have on my car! result? I can shut off the lights completely!
duhyvyba.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have 2 positions on the switch when you pull it once, you have all the lights without the headlights that comes on, then another pull and the headlights come on. The problem i'm having now is that when i push all the way in, it's not shutting off the lights because it won't go all the way in, i might have to use my old rod

You have 2 positions on the switch when you pull it once, you have all the lights without the headlights that comes on, then another pull and the headlights come on. The problem i'm having now is that when i push all the way in, it's not shutting off the lights because it won't go all the way in, i might have to use my old rod

Were the switches identical?

I would call the vendor and ask why the disparity in the knob shaft length, it's probably not the correct switch or knob/shaft for the vehicle. Using your old knob and shaft will probably work also. Good luck with it. :)

Yes same switch and works just the same, the issue is really the length of the rod, i've sent an email to corvette america, i'll let you know, weird because the item number is for 1972 to 1976. I have a 1974.

I used one from zip without a problem, I would say doc rebuild should also has the correct parts.

Greetings Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom