Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlights

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
Does anyone have a solution for 68-82 headlight brightness? Its really sad when my car creates a shadow from other people's lights behind me. This occurs when my lights are on! I have Phillips Halogen lights..... but you'd never know it!!!

Is the voltage and ground good? Most older cars have so-so headlights, least by today's standard's. Some bulbs/assemblies are better than others also. Most older vehicles I've given up and just added good driving lights too, but on a vette your a bit limited as to were to put tham and not screw the looks up.

Go euro

No not those ricer lights but the Hella H4 conversion. Go to susquhanna motorsports website and call/email the guy. His prices are great as are his instructions. He'll set you up with what you need. Nice guy.
I also ripped out the parking/directionals and grilles and installed 3" driving lights and seperate LED directional and parking light bars with aluminum mesh grilles.

Headlight conversion

I don't have any experience with the Phillips units but I routinely replaced the lights in my cars with the Hella H4 halogen lights and was never disappointed.

Jersey-vinny

I noticed a major improvement in mine by going to the BMW dealership and buying a set of headlights. Our BMW would light up the world, so I asked about it, I got some BS about German made yadda yadda yadda and something that did make sense to me after looking at the headlights.. The pattern in the lense of the head lights, when I put the Brights on I probably look like a F-18 looking for a place to land :L :L

BudD
:w

Hey BudD, are you saying you put Beamer bulbs in your '81? Are the lights in my 78 the same as your '81? If so I want to improve the light situation in my car aswell. What bulbs did you buy? I could certainly use a set of them in mine.
Thanks.:)

Scott :w

Easy does it there cowboy

It is not just a matter of changing the bulbs. The conversion to H4 requires the installation of relays and pulling power directly from the battery. If you put the bulbs in without doing this you will overload your headlight switch and your headlights will start to flash after about 10 mins of use.

Hi redmist, I am aware that there will have to be some electrical modifications but that is not a problem. I just want to know what would be the best upgrade for my '78. :)

Thanks for the tip.

Scott :w

redmist - www.?

what was that web address for susquhanna motorsports ?

Corvette Central has what you're looking for, checkout they're headlight section. They have stock and aftermarket parts. Last year I bought Hella Vision Plus. part# 441019 for $110.
Paul

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom