Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Heads Up Display Bezel

Jimmy G.

Corvette
04 Comm. Ed. Coupe
My 04 bezel cracked and I'm looking to replace it. Does it simply pop off with a little elbow grease or is there a trick? BTW as an FYI, the bezel cost $27.00 from Chevy. Also, it's off of a Commerative Edition, which means the dash is not black. Any ideas on how to paint the bezel to match the dash color? Thanks

Welcome to CAC, Jimmy. As far as the bezel, I'll have to go to my FSM and see what it says. As for the color, many vendors have the paint in stock to paint interior pieces. You might try MidAmericaMotorworks, seems I have seen it there and they are a forum sponsor and host to our upcoming CruiseFest.

Welcome to CAC, Jimmy. As far as the bezel, I'll have to go to my FSM and see what it says. As for the color, many vendors have the paint in stock to paint interior pieces. You might try MidAmericaMotorworks, seems I have seen it there and they are a forum sponsor and host to our upcoming CruiseFest.

Thanks Tom, I'll probably just have a body shop paint, so I can get some clear coat on it to keep the paint from flaking off.

Clear coat will not stop paint from flaking off. If the paint flakes off, so will the clear coat. The paint that many vendors sell is a perfect match, adding clear will make it not match as it will be too glossy. Just clean surface to be painted with mineral spirits, and then denatured alcohol and the paint will adhere just fine. Very easy job.

My Display Bezel is broken also can anyone tell me how to change it? looks like you have to remove dash panel.

Cracked Bezel

My Display Bezel is broken also can anyone tell me how to change it? looks like you have to remove dash panel.

I had a good volume (sales) Corvette Dealer (one who has done this repair in the past)! It came out perfect and yes the dash pad has to come off or the bezel will not seal properly. It cost $125 to remove /replace the dash pad (I supplied the bezel). They also charged me $60.00 to paint the bezel as my dash pad was not black. Good luck!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom