Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heat Barrier & Sound Deadener

Nobody Cares

Corvette
red 81, orange 74 vert. , 80 claret,69 chevy pu
Will be ptting the interior back in the 74 vert before to long. Should i put down a sound barrier and heat barrier before installing the new carpet? Have all new interior raedy to go except for the sound and heat barrier. Who makes a good product for my application ??? Thnx Dave :beer

:bu

:w Dave,

I plugged in Heat Barrier into the "Search Tab" near the top of the page and came up with quite a few threads.. Here is one about Heat Barrier Kits.

I was curious why the thread about when I did Rare didn't show up, so I tried Rare Phase II.. it's not a lot of information about the heat/sound barrier, but it was nice to go back and read the old thread... I thought I'd post it incase others are going through the process of working on their old steeds too ;) :Steer

Bud

When I redid my carpet, I first added the sound deadener stuff (like thick tarpaper with an adhesive backing) to nearly everys quare inch in the cockpit (including behind the doorpanels).

I put a layer of heat insulation (one side had foil) ontop the sound insulation. Then the layer of carpet. It made a big difference in curtailing the sound. However since the top stays down, I can still here the exhaust.

Just redid my interior with cool-it sound barrier and heat barrier. Have not got the car out yet to check it out. This is what they used in the corvette fever project car.

Made the 50 mile journey this morning too Lowes and picked up the Reflectix and foil tape. Just need the 3m adhesive and i'm ready for action. Thnx for the help on this one guys. Dave :w

:r

Made the 50 mile journey this morning too Lowes and picked up the Reflectix and foil tape. Just need the 3m adhesive and i'm ready for action. Thnx for the help on this one guys. Dave

Dave,

You'll be pleased. I used the Lowe's stuff last year over a weekend. I was also able to repair some small cracks etc., that were hidden under the carpet.

Ralph

Ralph , thnx for the reply. Weather up this way is finally getting a little better. Should be stating to put the 74 vert back together here shortly. :beer
:w

Dave, Just to let you know. I also use the stuff from Lowe's. I put it under the carpet, the consol, and up in the back storage space. Not only did it make the cockpit cooler in the summer, but it also deadened the sound of my Flowmasters. Well worth the effort, and a hell of a lot cheaper than most kits.

Shaggy

Sounds like the stuff too use , and easy to work with. And yes your right alot cheaper than the kits avalible. Dave. :beer

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom