Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

heat riser valve

A

acman60

can i remove the heat riser valve on my 1979 and put a spacer in.or dos it have to stay connected thanks

You could remove it .if you drive in the cold weather it will affect warm up drivability steve

The function of the heat riser is to direct exhaust gas through the intake to warm the carb. when the engine is cold. It also helps warm the choke on many cars. Removing it can make the engine cold blooded and have the choke stay closed to long. You might have to go with a manual choke.

Glenn
:w

can i remove the heat riser valve on my 1979 and put a spacer in.or dos it have to stay connected thanks
I LIVE IN MASS AND HAVE FOUND THAT MANY OF THEM AFTER YEARS END UP STUCK CLOSED, ESPECIALLY CARS THAT HAVE BEEN SITTING FOR A WHILE. I WOULDN'T EVEN BOTHER WITH THE SPACER. JUST SAFTEY WIRE IT OPEN AND FORGET IT. TO BE HONEST THOUGH, IF THE ENGINE IS STOCK YOU WON'T NOTICE ANY PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCE. I HAVE NEVER NOTICED ANY ILL EFFECTS IN COLD WEATHER IN ANY CARS THAT I HAVE DONE IT TO. HAPPY MOTORING. RUSS

thanks for the help.car will not run in the winter,anyway. mark s

it only helps to redirect warm air back into the intake to help warm up the intake and carb faster. In the summer it's trivial and in the winter it's only a few extra minutes of warm up time.

You can easily remove the heat riser valve and replace it with a spacer piece.
I did the same thing on my '65

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom