Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heater/AC removal

Baldie88

Corvette
2016 triple black vert.
I've got an 88 coupe with the automatic climate control. I believe it is option C68. Anyway I've been having electrical problems recently and I believe the unit may be the problem. The buttons are hard to press and the digital readout of the temperature is erratic. Sometime the number blinks or there is just part of the number or it looks like an old pacman game gone crazy. There is a light about each of the buttons for heat/ac/econ, etc and the one about the "off" blinks most of the time unless I cycle through all the buttons.

Anyway, it looks like it is pretty easy to get to but I'm wondering how much wiring, etc is on the back. It it's a straight forward plug-in type wiring I'll order a new one. It's been quite a few years since I've swapped out any heater controls and just would like to know what I'm getting myself into.

Thanks for the help.

I have a 1987 convertible with the same problem with the electronic climate control. Did you get a fix for it? Did you have to replace it?

Please help.
pharper@harperddl.com

I am having the exact same heater problems

Pacman blinking lights, heater not really working, Buttons hard to push, etc. What did you do?

I've never worked on an electronic control, but I imagine except for the wires associated with the electronic climate control would be on a common plug (connection). Other than that, the rest of the controls are simple plug-ins, including the vacuum connection block.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom