Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Heater Box Rebuild. . .parts?

Bolisk

Corvette
1972 LS5 Convertible PS, PB, A/C
Ok, so I'm in the middle of restoring the interior of my 1972 AC car. I've removed the box from the inside the car, and disassembled it. Long story short, I found this car in a barn in the wood. . .and it was infested with mice. The cleanup has been very time consuming. . .not to mention gross. Having said that, as you can expect. . .the mice were inside the AC duct work and heater box. Most of the damage is just cleanup and some wiring fix.

HOWEVER: One damaged element. . .I cannot find the replacement part for. Inside the heater box, there is a metal door that is open and closed to control air flow based on the climate control settings. This metal door has a "rubber" lip seal that goes around the perimeter of the metal door. This is unlike the metal door on my 1970 car. . .where there is a metal door but a foam pad covers the entire door for sealing. Anyway this metal door, with the lip seal, is the problem. The mice have eaten the lip seal!!!

Does anyone make and/or sell the lip seal for the metal door inside the 1972 heater box?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Any help would be great!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom