Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heater box removal and inside flat heat "rivet" still holding it on

TWINRAY

Corvette
'67 Goodwood Green Coupe, '69 Lemans Blue Roadster
IMG_4510.jpgAll my other ductwork is off along with all other nuts/bolts. This is on the top left and it is holding the heater box on. I tried prying what appears to be a clip (on what appears to be a flat head rivet") off but it didn't budge. It is whats holding the box on. How does it come off - there is nothing on the opposite firewall side either:ugh.Heater box.jpgHow does this come off.JPG

Any help will be much apprecitated, Thanks, Fred

Look under the hood at that locatioin. AC boxes have a couple of studs; the nuts have to be accessed from the engine side.
AIM shows them.

:thumb

It's off. The "mystery" nut was holding a clamp which was holding 3 wires.
I poked a wire thru the bottom nut location and measured (from inside) the distance upward - found the wire coming thru the firewall and measured the distance upward - and still couldn't believe it when I pryed the clip apart and moved the 3 wires. The hidden bolt location.jpg

There are lots of surprises in these vette aren't there????

My '73 was a B**** to get out and was having a hard time putting housing back in with new core dur to angles water pipes vs. straight on design of factory studs. After an hour of fighting some bad words, I took the studs off and replaced with new nuts and bolts. Went in very easy. BTW, no AC on mine :(

Replaced the heater core in my 73 last year, and followed the instructions from an article in Corvette Magazine that took me through the rebuild process step-by-step. The article is archived on their site and was dated 10/25/2009. The article recommended the heater core rebuild kit from Zip, which included a great diagram of the entire process. The kit had everything I needed.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0vs2lu

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom