Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Heater Core Replacement on 1982

Waste Pro

Corvette
1982 CE Corvette with 15,000 miles
Does anyone have the instructions on replacing a heater core in a AC equipped 1982?

1st welcome to CAC...
hope you enjoy the forums!!!!!

2ndI don't know if anyone has ever posted step by step directions...
but It is about a 6 hour project!!!!
you can do a search (upper right hand corner) and check to see if anyone has ever posted directions....
but in any case don't hesitate to ask for help if you need any...were more than happy to help!!!!
Good Luck!!!!

Here's a link that should help:

http://www.corvettefaq.com/c3/heatercoreremoval.pdf

Used it when replacing the heater core in my '78 about 4 years ago. Was the best reference I could find at that time.

Not a fun job. Requires more patience than skill. Be especially careful when removing your dash pad as it's easy to break the rigid foam structure - especially the corners by the windshield pillars. Helps to remove the interior trim strips on the pillars.

I did this on my '73 and the only thing out of the usual stuff was that there was a nut that had to be removed from inside the engine compartment on the fire wall. As stated take your time and be extra careful removing things. Give yourself the weekend to complete it......not a bad chore tho.
Good luck

You might also need new foam rubber seals for the heater / AC box. There's a bunch of different pieces sealing the various compartments, seals, flaps etc. Places like Dr. Rebuild etc. sell kits.

Much of my foam was so rotten it was literally gone. Which means I still need to figure out how the two new foam pieces go around the outlet pipes on the new heater core.

Awesome thanks for the link, i just happened to pop on the site and this thread was right on the front page. I'm home on mid tour form Korea, my son and I are both working hard on adding parts to her while i'm home. Chas i have the Red C3 with the Hooker pipes on Fort Rucker. Probably havent seen her in a while, my Horn contact broke so my wife refused to driver her around the block with the horn blowing all the time. I dunno why... lol As a matter of fact, me and the boy will be at the craft shop today fixing the mess i made with the new ball joints and tie rods, (thread counting didnt help gotta do the measure tape, pulls to the right and drags on turns), then we are throwing in a new Dewitt's alum radiator. See you around the post, we at least for a few more days.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom