Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heater Problems

jtaylor

Corvette
1999 Coupe
I have a 1999 coupe with the auto climate control.

Problem is good heat frome the drivers side and no heat from passenger side In addittion I have a new battery that keeps going down.

I pulled codes and come up with both B0361 and B0363 wich both point to the actuators and a possible short to ground. I assume this could be the source of both problems.

My question is does this sound logical and if so anyone have and advice on the replacement procedure for this acuator?

Thanks

James

HI there,
I believe that your dealing with 2 different conditions here.
First, the passenger side actuator is NOT easy to replace.
You must remove the upper dash pad, glove box assy and a few other things to change it.
But I believe that there is something else draining your battery.
Allthebest, c4c5

I had a similar experience when I disconnected the battery. The actuator codes were thrown and I had the different temp issue on the two sides. Once you clear the codes, you should hear your actuators cycle through their ranges. This should re-set them and your HVAC problem should be solved.

The draining battery is the root cause of your actuator problem. Is your car a daily driver or has it been sitting for a while? Mine is a garage queen, so the battery would run down if not run in a month or so. It has a battery tender to keep things charged.

Your challenge is to figure out what is draining the battery.

Fixed Heater problem

I had a similar experience when I disconnected the battery. The actuator codes were thrown and I had the different temp issue on the two sides. Once you clear the codes, you should hear your actuators cycle through their ranges. This should re-set them and your HVAC problem should be solved.

The draining battery is the root cause of your actuator problem. Is your car a daily driver or has it been sitting for a while? Mine is a garage queen, so the battery would run down if not run in a month or so. It has a battery tender to keep things charged.

Your challenge is to figure out what is draining the battery.

This fixed it. Thanks,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom