Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Heater Problems

S

SamSam

Hi all. I'm new to writing forums on this site but I have learned a lot from you guys and I just wanted to maybe help some else from what I learned when I fixed my heater. When I looked it up online I could not find enough information, so here is some more for someone else.

I have a 1980 4 speed. My heater didn't work. When I tried to turn on the heater or vent hot air, I only got cold air. So then I checked the coolant level, replaced the thermostat (to runner hotter), and then changed the heater control valve. Still no heat. I was going to change the heater core next because that is what other people had said would be causing the problem, but there were no real signs that the core was malfunctioning. I then took off the glove box and realized that the heater control/flow (or whatever its called) SWITCH was disconnected from the lever on the center console. I hooked up the cable to the lever and it worked. I got heat. Easy fix, but nothing I could find online said to check for that. Anyway I hope this helped someone.

Welcome to the CAC. Thanks for the info.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom